British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   The price of my groceries at the English shop! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/price-my-groceries-english-shop-349421/)

gruffbrown Jan 20th 2006 4:34 am

Re: The price of my groceries at the English shop!

Originally Posted by bored-silly
My husband ruined those for me - he told me they were made of pigs face......oh...sorry ... :o

In New York they reckon 'lips and assholes' :D

Lord Lionheart Jan 20th 2006 4:38 am

Today I paid 99c for some Blackjacks......... but I shoplifted a Bernard Manning DVD, 6 eccles cakes, a tin of John West salmon, a dozen curlywurly's and a Viz comic, that'll teach them.

bored-silly Jan 20th 2006 4:39 am

Originally Posted by lionheart
Today I paid 99c for some Blackjacks......... but I shoplifted a Bernard Manning DVD, 6 eccles cakes, a tin of John West salmon, a dozen curlywurly's and a Viz comic, that'll teach them.

Pikey.

Celtic_Angel Jan 20th 2006 4:41 am

pmsl....oooh what I wouldn't do for a curly wurly :D

gruffbrown Jan 20th 2006 4:41 am

Pikey.

Forget the bull about a new job, he sits in his caravan whittling clothes pegs all day :D

Celtic_Angel Jan 20th 2006 4:42 am

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Forget the bull about a new job, he sits in his caravan whittling clothes pegs all day :D

yeah...and private gym membership....bah!!! that's him on his bike generating the electricity for his brief online moments :D

bored-silly Jan 20th 2006 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
yeah...and private gym membership....bah!!! that's him on his bike generating the electricity for his brief online moments :D

Maybe he could tar my yard for a few quid?

Lord Lionheart Jan 20th 2006 4:45 am

Private and brief, there's a joke in there somewhere :confused:

gruffbrown Jan 20th 2006 4:45 am

Maybe he could tar my yard for a few quid?

"Got some tarmac left over from a job down the road luv"

peacelover Jan 20th 2006 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
"Got some tarmac left over from a job down the road luv"

OMG you saying that reminded me that I did get caught by exactly that once in my very young days. The guys offered to do my driveway and they didn't have enough tarmac, it looked such a mess for weeks until I got it sorted. I didn't pay a penny to the first crowd though thank heaven.
I must say though it taught me a valuable lesson, never take half measures. :rolleyes:

ScousePete Jan 21st 2006 12:24 am

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
OK, I brought some fry's chocolate cream, crunchies, flakes, fruit pastiles, dairy milk (with oraange crisp), extra strong mints and lockets back at xmas.
Was going to ration them to myself over the next few months, but am prepared to sell them to the highest bidder now.

Who'll start me at $50 for the lot ??
No time wasters please :)

I saw Christmas selection boxes on sale at World Market the other day. It was $3 and in it was a flake, a caramel, a crunchie, a little dairy milk and a little bag of buttons. Got myself a few of those!

cutina Jan 21st 2006 12:26 am

Originally Posted by ScousePete
I saw Christmas selection boxes on sale at World Market the other day. It was $3 and in it was a flake, a caramel, a crunchie, a little dairy milk and a little bag of buttons. Got myself a few of those!

i don't understand why buttons are one of my favourite things ever; i'm not fond of cadbury's choc... but buttons are special, especially with a nice cuppa
mmmmm

SideshowPete Jan 21st 2006 1:07 am

Originally Posted by cutina
i don't understand why buttons are one of my favourite things ever; i'm not fond of cadbury's choc... but buttons are special, especially with a nice cuppa
mmmmm

No no no no... no. Here's what you do. You get a pack of Cadburys chocolate fingers. Bite just the very ends off, then use them as straws to suck up your tea. Works for about 3 seconds, then they get all squidgy and mushy.

Awesome !

woodsey Jan 21st 2006 1:18 am

Originally Posted by SideshowPete
No no no no... no. Here's what you do. You get a pack of Cadburys chocolate fingers. Bite just the very ends off, then use them as straws to suck up your tea. Works for about 3 seconds, then they get all squidgy and mushy.

Awesome !

LOL! I shall have to try that..

cutina Jan 21st 2006 2:13 am

Awesome !

dunno, sounds a bit dodgy, but i'll give it a go!
:)

Lord Lionheart Jan 21st 2006 2:34 am

Awesome !

Alternatively make yourself a hot cup of Cadbury's drinking chocolate and dunk rich tea biscuits in it :confused:

Celtic_Angel Jan 21st 2006 2:42 am

Alternatively make yourself a hot cup of Cadbury's drinking chocolate and dunk rich tea biscuits in it :confused:

what no biting or sucking involved?? I think I'll pass :rolleyes: :D

bored-silly Jan 21st 2006 5:18 am

what no biting or sucking involved?? I think I'll pass :rolleyes: :D

So rude - and it all started with the price of baked beans ;)

Partystar Jan 21st 2006 5:45 pm

Awesome !

The craze back home not too long ago was doing that with the big kit-kats.