Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The price of my groceries at the English shop!

The price of my groceries at the English shop!

Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:17 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The price of my groceries at the English shop!

Originally Posted by bored-silly
You can bring a huge amount of hard cheese in - check the customs website, you'll be amazed.
Really ??
I didn't know that.

The thrill has gone now
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:18 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bored-silly
You can bring a huge amount of hard cheese in - check the customs website, you'll be amazed.
phew! i still lied at customs, i was afraid they'd take it off me. I read the website, but it says for countries affected with BSE it varies and you have to check upon departure. Nice to know i was legal after all....
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:19 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Really ??
I didn't know that.

The thrill has gone now
you'll have to move on to unpasturised or soft cheese...
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:20 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cutina
phew! i still lied at customs, i was afraid they'd take it off me. I read the website, but it says for countries affected with BSE it varies and you have to check upon departure. Nice to know i was legal after all....
Did you ever think you'd be risking it all for hard bloody cheese?
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:21 pm
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
yes .. yes I am. Please send me your graph or the tit tape picture gets posted
Oh shit - no way! It's still here officer, in the fridge. My graph only has 2 weeks worth on it!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:22 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

you'll have to move on to unpasturised or soft cheese...
Ooh - i like it
Its probably going to be more comfortable for me to hide that stuff too
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:22 pm
stara koka masna juha

:scared:
Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Ooh - i like it
Its probably going to be more comfortable for me to hide that stuff too
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:24 pm
stara koka masna juha

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
Did you ever think you'd be risking it all for hard bloody cheese?
well, if you lie about it, and you knowingly bring something you shouldn't, it's a 10,000$ fine... a large sum for a bit of cheese
give me a friggin break! (and there was no blood- i don't think it's allowed)
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:27 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

well, if you lie about it, and you knowingly bring something you shouldn't, it's a 10,000$ fine... a large sum for a bit of cheese
give me a friggin break! (and there was no blood- i don't think it's allowed)
I'll get me coat
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:31 pm
stara koka masna juha

I'll get me coat
aw! if you were here, lass, i'd buy you a pint
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:40 pm

aw! if you were here, lass, i'd buy you a pint
The thought has made me want a drink so am off to get one I have tried to fit in with the teetotallers (not very hard) but to no avail, wish I had some Stella.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:43 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I have tried to fit in with the teetotallers
Noooo, don't give in to the dark side, feel the force and the liver damage
Old Jan 19th 2006, 2:15 pm
stara koka masna juha

The thought has made me want a drink so am off to get one I have tried to fit in with the teetotallers (not very hard) but to no avail, wish I had some Stella.
i have to admit that i may have had one or two myself by now... i managed to coerce a brazilian friend to watch doctor who with me; and alcohol was required.
She liked it though.... i think...
Old Jan 19th 2006, 2:34 pm

i have to admit that i may have had one or two myself by now... i managed to coerce a brazilian friend to watch doctor who with me; and alcohol was required.
She liked it though.... i think...
I am drinking Rosemount estate shiraz found at under 5 dollars at Grocery Outlet, need a bigger boot/trunk
Old Jan 19th 2006, 2:46 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

i know it's not quite the same, but three muskateers?

and lordy, did not know about dark chocolate flake. that's the stuff of dreams, that is!
He said Milky Bar, not Milky Way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.