Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Price of gas update...

Price of gas update...

Old Jan 2nd 2019, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of gas update...

Originally Posted by ddsrph

Those state taxes vary a lot among states and accounts for a large portion of the variations you see around the country.
And again with the counties within each state. The neighbouring county South of us is about ten cents a gallon more than our county, Tampa, to the North, often mirrors the same price as us (but usually drops and rises a day or two before our prices change???)
Old Jan 6th 2019, 5:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

No real change down my way. It's still $2.65G at the Cumbies, with their discount card.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

1.79 in Denver yesterday.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj6372
My regular Exxon station down to $1.99, my cheapest ever!!
Woah!! Even lower $1.97
Old Jan 8th 2019, 10:17 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The price came down with a bump towards the end of 2018 and has been at $1.919 for several weeks at my favorite BP (i.e. the cheapest one in my bailiwick ) That said the regional Kroger franchise is running a promo with BP (we shop at the Kroger and buy BP gas anyway, so it is as good as free money for us ) that has been getting us another 20¢-30¢ knocked off the price per gallon for up to 35 gallons at a time - meaning we park our Accords on either side of the pump and have been able to grab as much as 34 gallons at a time at the discounted price, …. which I pay for with our BP visa card, which earns us more credits towards discounted BP gas. The rest of the time I use our BP Visa card and that usually means paying 10.9¢/gal.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the competitive stations are at the $1.969 mark at the moment although I did pass a 7/11 yesterday at $1.929 - I did wonder if it was a mistake but 7/11's are usually fairly dependable, unlike Shell stations that advertise marginally pricier gas and it's not until you've half filled the tank that you realise it's at least 15 cents a gallon more because that's their price when car wash included.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 1:45 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I saw it at $1.90 on the way into work. I'm tempted to just fill up on the way home, even though I could probably squeeze out 3 or 4 more days on what I have left, just because I know if I don't it'll all of a sudden jump up to $2.89 or something when I need to.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Passed a Wawa today at $1.919 and saw a few more today at a cent higher, must surely be getting ready for a hike?
Old Jan 9th 2019, 11:18 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Passed a Wawa today at $1.919 and saw a few more today at a cent higher, must surely be getting ready for a hike?
​​​​​​​I saw a business headline this morning that the price of crude oil had risen on five consecutive business days - and it was up another couple of dollars today, so the price of gas is pretty much certain to start rising within a few days, barring another downward turn in the price of oil.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I saw a business headline this morning that the price of crude oil had risen on five consecutive business days - and it was up another couple of dollars today, so the price of gas is pretty much certain to start rising within a few days, barring another downward turn in the price of oil.
​​​​​​​Does it really mirror oil prices that quickly nowadays, I thought the futures markets provided a fair buffer zone between the two?
Old Jan 10th 2019, 12:53 am

​​​​​​​Does it really mirror oil prices that quickly nowadays, I thought the futures markets provided a fair buffer zone between the two?
Yes, it's that quick - the delay is only around 14 days.

You only need futures when you are "exposed", for example by locking in a sales price without knowing your raw materials cost, such as an airline that sells tickets several months ahead but is exposed to the spot price of kerosene. Petroleum companies however buy much of their oil at the spot market price and sell distillates a few days later, also at the spot market price, so they are not "exposed" to price fluctuations other than for the few days that the oil is being off-loaded and processed.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

$1.99 here in the Denver-Metro area.

Saw it for $2.34 in Boulder last night though, but that's 'cause Boulder.
Old Jan 11th 2019, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Kneeno is an unknown quantity at this point

Filled up in Tn yesterday at lunch before heading home last night at $1.85. 5 hours later it was $1.99. Still at $1.83 when I passed through Middlesboro, Ky.
Old Jan 11th 2019, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of places at $1.89 here
Old Jan 11th 2019, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Starting to creep back up again here.

I filled up a week ago at $2.01. It's now $2.04.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.