Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Price of gas update...

Price of gas update...

Old Nov 24th 2016, 12:52 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of gas update...

I paid $1.929 at a BP on Sunday, but by yesterday (Tuesday) the price had dropped to $1.909.
Old Nov 24th 2016, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I paid $1.929 at a BP on Sunday, but by yesterday (Tuesday) the price had dropped to $1.909.
Paid $1.83 yesterday at a Murphy
Old Nov 24th 2016, 1:16 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Paid $1.83 yesterday at a Murphy
When I am only pay 41p/litre I don't see any point in not buying a premium brand gas. Even when the price was over $4/USgal I always took the premium brand because the price differential between BP or Exxon and cheaper gas was only 1¢-2¢/gal.

After 220,000 miles, almost entirely on Exxon or BP gas, there was nothing in the fuel injector unit to be cleaned when my Honda dealer finally cajoled me into coughing up for a "fuel injector service". The service rep conceded afterwards that if you only use a premium brand of gas you don't get the gunk build-up.
Old Nov 24th 2016, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

When I am only pay 41p/litre I don't see any point in not buying a premium brand gas. Even when the price was over $4/USgal I always took the premium brand because the price differential between BP or Exxon and cheaper gas was only 1¢-2¢/gal.

After 220,000 miles, almost entirely on Exxon or BP gas, there was nothing in the fuel injector unit to be cleaned when my Honda dealer finally cajoled me into coughing up for a "fuel injector service". The service rep conceded afterwards that if you only use a premium brand of gas you don't get the gunk build-up.
Right now the focus is on short term penny pinching.

That's a crazy mileage record though
Old Nov 24th 2016, 2:47 am

Right now the focus is on short term penny pinching.

That's a crazy mileage record though. .....
We replaced the motor at 296,000 miles. The clutch is still original (the mechanic said it looked fine when he took the motor out) and is now pushing 320,000 miles.

The exhaust system (except for the cat), the starter motor, and suspension are all original, the brake pads were replaced 240,000 miles ago, though why the original set only lasted 80,000 miles is a mystery.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Up 0.34 cents US gallon in the last hour, saw the signs changing, but was able to get to a station before they raised their price.

$4.18 CAD$ per US gallon now.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Up 0.34 cents US gallon in the last hour, saw the signs changing, but was able to get to a station before they raised their price.

$4.18 CAD$ per US gallon now.
Ouch. Is BC an expensive place for gas or would you assume that to be the going Canadian rate?
Old Dec 6th 2016, 1:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch. Is BC an expensive place for gas or would you assume that to be the going Canadian rate?
BC is high for gas in general, and if in Metro Vancouver even higher (usually 20 cents or so higher per liter) due to the extra taxes added for transit.

Looking at gas buddy, seems Edmonton next door in Alberta is in the 80 to 90 cent per liter range. Ontario seems close to the same in Toronto.

It always higher in BC for the most part, but then we have more taxes added.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 2:04 am

It's still $1.909 here, but I got 20 gallons on Saturday at $1.619 with my BP loyalty discount.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 3:04 am
Account Closed

It's still $1.909 here, but I got 20 gallons on Saturday at $1.619 with my BP loyalty discount.
Just around 2.40 US$ on the US side of the invisible line at the generic places, Chevron is $2.64 but the only name brand station in the town.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 9:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Slowly starting to climb again. The cheapest places are now back up to $2.07G
Old Dec 8th 2016, 9:12 pm

It's up to$1.959 here, or at least the cheapest BP that I know of is.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

The gas tax hike that came in last month means I've probably seen the last of sub $2/gal

My local Costco is $2.099 which is the cheapest in the entire state according to Gasbuddy.

I did manage to fill up for the equivalent of $2.02/gal last week at a Mobil because of an Amex offer ($5 back on a $30 pay at pump transaction) but their prices are so inflated to start with it really only offers a small discount over Costco or some of the more competitive BP's.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 10:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

On highway 49 it is going for $1.81 a gallon. On highway 58 it is going for $1.97. Guess where I will shop in January for gas.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
On highway 49 it is going for $1.81 a gallon. On highway 58 it is going for $1.97. Guess where I will shop in January for gas.
I didn't know you were an NC resident.

The prices I've been seeing more recently have been just over $2.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.