British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Price of gas update... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/price-gas-update-565727/)

cindyabs Oct 7th 2008 7:04 pm

Re: Price of gas update...

Originally Posted by mellybrown (Post 6853689)
Ye I was paying 4.50 last week and we queued for 45 mins (that was ater we found somewhere that had some!!!). Is 3.99 now - needs to keep on dropping!!!!

Yeah I heard about you folks up there in Hotlanta having a problem with supply. We didn't have the problem here in Slovannah, maybe 'cuz we have the port? Anyway, it is amazing that we're having either price or supply issues.

Rete Oct 7th 2008 7:18 pm

check on cheap gas has us at $3.51 a gallon; the lowest it has been in many a moon.

Michael Oct 7th 2008 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 6853766)
check on cheap gas has us at $3.51 a gallon; the lowest it has been in many a moon.

It is still $3.55 in San Jose CA but CA is alway about $.30 per gallon higher than the national average due to higher taxes and a different blend to reduce smog (CA can't import gas from other states during a crisis).

Bob Oct 7th 2008 9:05 pm

gone down loads around here, was $3.41 the other day when I filled up...still a way to go before going back to premium...

One Hung Lo Oct 7th 2008 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 6853534)
How much are chips?:eek:

Strangely enough, freaking expensive in the US. For a nation that grows so many fec*ing spuds, why are they so expensive?

willmore Oct 8th 2008 12:10 am

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 6853471)
Dropping like a rock around here... $3.09 for regular at home and $3.29 in St. Louis. It was $3.59 in STL last week. I'm filling up the pickup and all my gas cans for the two lawn tractors and big tractor tonight!:lol:

$1.28 here - the lowest its been in a very long time.....

NC Penguin Oct 8th 2008 12:16 am

Around where I live, it's not the price that is the issue. It's more about supply. Gas stations within a 10 mile radius of me have no gas on some days. Sometimes it's more than just a day too.

Last Thursday I stopped at two gas stations to find 1) the first had no gas at any octane whatsoever even though a price was posted (the huge tall signs you can see from a distance), 2) the second one had no gas at the lowest octane.

Then, the day later, in Chapel Hill, I filled up at a station that only had the lowest octane available. How odd is that?

tinaflorida Oct 8th 2008 1:47 am

$3.49/regular unleaded here. I'm surprised it's more expensive here than most places - we're usually on the cheaper end.

Poppy girl Oct 8th 2008 1:53 am

Originally Posted by tinaflorida (Post 6854606)
$3.49/regular unleaded here. I'm surprised it's more expensive here than most places - we're usually on the cheaper end.

I paid $3.45 today in Sacramento.

Brit3964 Oct 8th 2008 2:29 am

I'm on a trip to OK from SC at the moment. Was $3.50 in SC and here in AL, it's about $3.85. I hope OK is cheaper :)

kaseystaff Oct 8th 2008 2:59 am

$3.47 here on average, but our friend has no car & does all his food shopping at safeway so had been collecting gas points for ages....he let us have his card to use them so we filled up our van for $2.87 a gallon the other day:thumbsup:

lisa67 Oct 8th 2008 3:08 am

Just paid $3.28 here in TX...was $3.59 at lunch time..glad I waited.:)

Poppy girl Oct 8th 2008 3:10 am

Originally Posted by kaseystaff (Post 6854724)
$3.47 here on average, but our friend has no car & does all his food shopping at safeway so had been collecting gas points for ages....he let us have his card to use them so we filled up our van for $2.87 a gallon the other day:thumbsup:

Off Topic is that a clanger as your avatar :D

lisa67 Oct 8th 2008 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 6854747)
Off Topic is that a clanger as your avatar :D

Looks like one to me....I love the clangers:wub:

kaseystaff Oct 8th 2008 4:17 am

is that a clanger as your avatar
yup, that's my little clanger!:rofl: clangers are the best; bit barmy, but what the hell!:thumbsup: