Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Price of food in Brit Stores

Price of food in Brit Stores

Old Apr 24th 2010, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Jmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud of
Default Price of food in Brit Stores

I recently moved to Dayton, OH. In Dayton there is a Brit store which I was glad about as I really do miss my Beans on Toast. When browsing the store I was amazed at the extortionate prices of the goods they sold.

My beans were over $4 a can, thats $2 MORE than Kroger!!!

The stuff I did guy, I discovered was stale (albeit in the sellby date). I miss British food but I refuse to be ripped off by a so called British Store that is supposed to cater to the Expat community.

Rant Over!!
Old Apr 24th 2010, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of food in Brit Stores

Originally Posted by Jmaster911
I recently moved to Dayton, OH. In Dayton there is a Brit store which I was glad about as I really do miss my Beans on Toast. When browsing the store I was amazed at the extortionate prices of the goods they sold.

The stuff I did guy, I discovered was stale (albeit in the sellby date). I miss British food but I refuse to be ripped off by a so called British Store that is supposed to cater to the Expat community.

Rant Over!!
It's an absolute joke. The only things I still buy are Marmite and HP sauce.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Jmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
It's an absolute joke. The only things I still buy are Marmite and HP sauce.
Glad I'm not the only one, I will never go back for $4 a can !!!!
Old Apr 24th 2010, 7:31 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Cost plus only charges $2.99 for a can of Heinz beans it sounds like a bargain compared to the store you went to.
I got a catering size can on sale for $3.99 the other day we are going to have beans on toast a lot this week.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Cost plus only charges $2.99 for a can of Heinz beans it sounds like a bargain compared to the store you went to.
I got a catering size can on sale for $3.99 the other day we are going to have beans on toast a lot this week.
Heinz beans in Whole Foods at the Wash Park location are $1.99; Heinz Veggie kind are only $1.29.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Angelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jmaster911

Rant Over!!
I missed my Nescafe Gold Blend.. but whoa....$12.50 for a 110g jar from the Brit store. I bought one for old times sake anyway. Never again though.

The Brit store here in Phoenix is a dusty sad overpriced mess and the bloke running it has zero customer skills.

Anyway, I still keep the jar on my desk at work to hold my pens. People always comment on the £2.59 sign on the front. I paid enough for the bloody thing, I want my money's worth out of it.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 9:18 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

The Brit shop near my work is really reasonable for tins & condiments, beans are $1.69 and Robinsons Juice is $4.50 I still buy this for my daughter as she doesn't like water and this is the healthiest thing I can give her to drink. The problem is when I go in, I can't resist all the expensive sweets and chocolate

I always have HP sauce, Salad Cream and Colemans Mustard in the house, these things cannot be beaten.

Fresh and Easy are also stocking quite alot of cheap British food, but obviously only any use if you live in CA.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Angelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really nice

Originally Posted by N1cky
The Brit shop near my work is really reasonable for tins & condiments, beans are $1.69 and Robinsons Juice is $4.50 I still buy this for my daughter as she doesn't like water and this is the healthiest thing I can give her to drink. The problem is when I go in, I can't resist all the expensive sweets and chocolate

I always have HP sauce, Salad Cream and Colemans Mustard in the house, these things cannot be beaten.

Fresh and Easy are also stocking quite alot of cheap British food, but obviously only any use if you live in CA.
We have Fresh and Easy here in AZ too and I quite like the place, but I never see any Brit food in there. I was very excited at first when I learned they were coming to town (being owned by Tesco and all) but it seems like the same stuff everywhere else, with just slight differences.

Haven't been there for a couple of months. I'll pop in on my next day off and see what they have.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

My red white and blue "All-American" ex-USAF husband loves mushy peas.

Go figure!
Old Apr 24th 2010, 9:57 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Angelstation
My red white and blue "All-American" ex-USAF husband loves mushy peas.

Go figure!
So does my Father In law, I actually got him a tin of Bachelors Mushy Peas for Christmas*

*Amongst other things.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

I have a hankering for Terry's Chocolate Orange! And since we're on the subject, some Callard and Bowser Nougat! Haven't had any of that for years.

Oh bugger. Just googled it. They stopped making it!!!!!!!
Old Apr 24th 2010, 11:33 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Just a reminder to y'all that Amazon.com sells a wide range of British food.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 11:38 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Try Amazon.com, i get HP sauce and heinz Beanz there, they will ship regularly and free shipping...I think a case of Heinz are about $18 for 12 cans, and 4 x HP are about $12. Oh and the price is fixed...won't change.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 11:42 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leyther
Heinz beans in Whole Foods at the Wash Park location are $1.99; Heinz Veggie kind are only $1.29.
I was just in Safeway this afternoon, my mistake it was $1.99 a can in there. I think Cost plus is about the same here
Old Apr 24th 2010, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SDDep
Try Amazon.com, i get HP sauce and heinz Beanz there, they will ship regularly and free shipping...I think a case of Heinz are about $18 for 12 cans, and 4 x HP are about $12. Oh and the price is fixed...won't change.
Awesome, thanks for the heads up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.