Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Price Differences.

Price Differences.

Old Jan 2nd 2013, 1:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price Differences.

Originally Posted by Mallory
Last Xmas they had the boxed set of Vicar of Dibley at Best Buy for $99. Looked on Amazon US, and it was $50, no tax, free delivery.
We got that a couple years ago from Amazon UK for a tenner...we also got the whole Jonathan Creek for ten squid, which was annoying as we'd bought series 1 for $20 on sale months before.

We also got the complete Morse box set a few years ago for 20 squid, which was a bargain as it was a couple hundred over here.

We've also gotten in the past for a few squid the complete Paddington Bear, Mr Men, Ballykissangel, Gavin and Stacey, My Family, Coupling and most of the Spooks series.

Individual stuff is very hit or miss, but boxsets do seem to be much cheaper in the Amazon UK, even with having to pay shipping.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 1:34 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
We got that a couple years ago from Amazon UK for a tenner...we also got the whole Jonathan Creek for ten squid, which was annoying as we'd bought series 1 for $20 on sale months before.

We also got the complete Morse box set a few years ago for 20 squid, which was a bargain as it was a couple hundred over here.

We've also gotten in the past for a few squid the complete Paddington Bear, Mr Men, Ballykissangel, Gavin and Stacey, My Family, Coupling and most of the Spooks series.

Individual stuff is very hit or miss, but boxsets do seem to be much cheaper in the Amazon UK, even with having to pay shipping.
I JUST (like 10 mins ago) ordered the Inspector Morse Complete box set for 35 pounds from Amazon UK for a work colleague.

Oh and I wish they would make more Gavin and Stacey.

Last edited by Nutek; Jan 2nd 2013 at 1:35 pm. Reason: Gav an Stace.... Tidy.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 1:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
I JUST (like 10 mins ago) ordered the Inspector Morse Complete box set for 35 pounds from Amazon UK for a work colleague.

Oh and I wish they would make more Gavin and Stacey.
I thought I read that they planned to do another Gav and Stacey, though it might be just a holiday special some time...who knows if they'll go ahead though.