Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Previous screen name angienricky update

Previous screen name angienricky update

Old Jul 17th 2018, 8:41 am
Just Joined

JustMe35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Previous screen name angienricky update

Well not many of you will remember me but for those who do I thought I would update you all.
Quick summary. Arrived in Florida in 2016. Got married and things went down hill. It turned out he was abusive extremely abusive. I tried to work things out but of course as you all had told me ...IT NEVER GETS BETTER!
I finally recieved my conditional green card and got a job. Which helped my circumstances. ..not my marriage. Today i got divorced! It was a long time coming. I lost loads of money that he conned me out of I tried to get it back through the courts but it didn't go in my favour. Now I'm going to be filing for my conditions to be removed. On the bright side I managed to navigate the American system. Built my credit up from 0. Renting my own home where I feel safe. I will probably never see my ex husband again which suits me just fine! ian-mstm was a great help I look back and everything he said was true. It didn't get better only worse and once I got passed trying to make it work I would see that and I did!
Thank you Ian for your straight talking and honest advice.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 8:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Previous screen name angienricky update

Welcome back. I'll ask admin to change your previous username to this one (you can't have two as per site rules) and I'll move your thread to the main forum as it's not a visa issue.

Sadly, the lovely Ian decided his time on BE had come to an end last year, and he's no longer an active member of the forums. Sob! He always was right, the sod.

Glad to hear things are looking up for you.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 11:25 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that you have weathered your turbulent marriage and come out the other side into a bit of sunshine. As christmasoompa said, our Ian has hung up his keyboard after nearly 20 years of participation.

So your divorce if final and now on to removing your conditions. If you need help, please come see us. Not often these days that we have members who are filing for removal of conditions after a divorce. It was dealt with more about 10 years ago but both Noorah and I were here and some of those posts are still archived for research. You don't need to wait btw for the 90 days before the expiration of the green card to do so. You can do that today.

Thanks for stopping in and letting us know how matters worked out.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 11:29 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Not often these days that we have members who are filing for removal of conditions after a divorce.
*raises hand*
Old Jul 17th 2018, 11:52 am
Just Joined

JustMe35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Welcome back. I'll ask admin to change your previous username to this one (you can't have two as per site rules) and I'll move your thread to the main forum as it's not a visa issue.

Sadly, the lovely Ian decided his time on BE had come to an end last year, and he's no longer an active member of the forums. Sob! He always was right, the sod.

Glad to hear things are looking up for you.
OK that's great thank you. I tried to login with my old details but it didn't work so figured maybe that it was so old that it had been erased with all of the upgrades.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 12:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen!

Originally Posted by JustMe35
I came back to update you and now I find you have gone and I have no way of contacting you. Thank you so much for your help. My previous user name was angienricky. At the time I was having a really hard time my husband was being abusive I was under the illusion that I could make it work because I loved him so much. You however told me the truth. That things will never get better. The abuse would continue to the end. Only when I stop trying, take a step back would I see that. What can I say! You were right. The abuse never stopped. I did however get my conditional green card got an alright job and got a place of my own learned out to drive and bought my own car. Today I got divorced! I thought about you and your words and just wanted to say thank you! Thank you so much for giving me the truth! Giving me something to think about. I'm happier now. Not quite recovered from what I experienced but plan on doing some counseling sessions to help me. Of course I'm going to remove the conditions of my greencard. Again thank you Ian. I honestly feel as though you saved my life!
If anyone knows Ian personally please please pass this message on to him.
Thank you all.
Hello...I remember you and I am sure many others will too.

I am very pleased that you have managed to rebuild a safe life for yourself. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to update us.

All the very best for the future.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on rebuilding things for yourself and enjoying a happier life
Old Jul 18th 2018, 12:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Divorce Waivers are very common, so you certainly are not breaking new ground.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Can't mods adjust forum titles/subjects ...?
Old Jul 18th 2018, 4:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Can't mods adjust forum titles/subjects ...?
Yes
Old Jul 18th 2018, 4:34 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JustMe35
Well not many of you will remember me but for those who do I thought I would update you all.
Quick summary. Arrived in Florida in 2016. Got married and things went down hill. It turned out he was abusive extremely abusive. I tried to work things out but of course as you all had told me ...IT NEVER GETS BETTER!
I finally recieved my conditional green card and got a job. Which helped my circumstances. ..not my marriage. Today i got divorced! It was a long time coming. I lost loads of money that he conned me out of I tried to get it back through the courts but it didn't go in my favour. Now I'm going to be filing for my conditions to be removed. On the bright side I managed to navigate the American system. Built my credit up from 0. Renting my own home where I feel safe. I will probably never see my ex husband again which suits me just fine! ian-mstm was a great help I look back and everything he said was true. It didn't get better only worse and once I got passed trying to make it work I would see that and I did!
Thank you Ian for your straight talking and honest advice.
Well done for being out of it, and get with enjoying the next phase of your life. There is no excuse or justification, of any kind whatsoever, for your former husband's behaviour. Ever.

Onward and upward.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yes
Can you do it perhaps with this one ...? The subject doesn't reflect the contents, exactly ...
Old Jul 25th 2018, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Ecto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Previous screen name angienricky update

Well done you for the strength to get of such a scary and dangerous situation. May your future be filled with happiness and laughter.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 12:24 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Previous screen name angienricky update

Originally Posted by civilservant
*raises hand*
me too!