Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

President Obama ????

Wikiposts

President Obama ????

Old Mar 13th 2008, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

bubbleberry has a spectacular aura aboutbubbleberry has a spectacular aura aboutbubbleberry has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: President Obama ????

Yeah KJ your right, its different in different states,and it something that I often forget...The united states are not so united.

Discriminating against a person based on his or her sexual orientation, which includes heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality, in the workforce is illegal in California. People are also protected from unfair treatment because of race, religion, sex, age or disability.

As I live in California,I forget, and am unaware of the laws of different states.

Its funny because last year in Belfast, in the city hall, the first (legally recognized) gay marriage was held. First in Europe I believe. I (sometimes) assume that America has a more liberal standpoint than back home,.

Having been to gay pride parades in Sydney Australia and San Francisco, its comical to recall the same event back home.A couple of dozen country queers marching thru the windy streets, raising the torch for gay rights...and they got them
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:34 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubbleberry
If however they are found to be Ginger then common sense prevails. Application filed in TRASH.
I find it kind of ironic that a man spouting off about how racist the United States is happily tries to make insulting and derogatory comments based on the colour of somebody's hair!

But that's the problem with your narrow minded view. Descrimination only exists where you choose to see it - and ignore it when it doesn't suit your argument.

Personally I think a big problem in 'the land of the free' is the fact that same-sex couples can't have civil unions, join the army (the farce of that 'don't tell' rule) and the christian right wing is allowed to make what basically amounts to hate-speech against gay people.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:37 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Iran has the (by middle east standards) most advanced democracy's, but refuse to kiss ass, and actually stand up to America, so they are evil.
Voting has been taking place in Iran, with conservatives expected to win after opponents of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad were barred from running.

Iranian democracy at it's finest.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

bubbleberry has a spectacular aura aboutbubbleberry has a spectacular aura aboutbubbleberry has a spectacular aura about

Listen Roland

I see a pattern in your posts.

1/ When you do not agree with someone you insult them.Yesterday and the day before you jumped into the discussion by referring to my posts as "bollocks" and then by calling me an "idiot"

2/When it is obvious through collation of information, and the addition of comments from other posters that you are wrong, you back track, kiss ass and try to profess that you have, all along been a decent,open minded guy.

3/You then get out of bed the wrong side and it starts all over again.

I am more than happy to converse wit you on an adult level.If you refrain from slinging mud, I will be more than happy to refraine from making negative comments about you.

But while you are thinking about it, one of your ongoing remarks is about my spelling, so just so you know "Descrimination" should actually be "Discrimination"

The balls in your court.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 3:04 am
Militant Ginger

The balls in your court.
Operative word.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Did Obama really win the Texas primary?

Despite what you may have heard, it's going to be weeks, and probably months, before we know who actually won the complex March 4 Texas primary-cum-caucus. And even then both campaigns are liable to still be disputing the results when they get to Denver in August.

We do know this much about Texas: Clinton and Obama virtually split the state's 126 pledged delegates. Clinton won 65 delegates to Obama's 61, all allocated according to the results of the primary, which Clinton won 51% to 47.4%.

<SNIPPED>

Does anyone have any clue as to why this "democratic" country, that fights wars and sends men to space, STILL cannot get it together to run an election in a fair and decisive manner??

Last edited by Rete; Mar 14th 2008 at 4:15 am. Reason: Please read and adhere to BE Forum Guidelines. No posting of complete articles. Post URL and brief stence.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 3:42 am
Militant Ginger

Did Obama really win the Texas primary?

Despite what you may have heard, it's going to be weeks, and probably months, before we know who actually won the complex March 4 Texas primary-cum-caucus. And even then both campaigns are liable to still be disputing the results when they get to Denver in August.

We do know this much about Texas: Clinton and Obama virtually split the state's 126 pledged delegates. Clinton won 65 delegates to Obama's 61, all allocated according to the results of the primary, which Clinton won 51% to 47.4%.
Caucuses are a complete democractic joke. Some of them are little better than the 'Rotton Boroughs' back in 18th century England.

Last edited by Rete; Mar 14th 2008 at 4:30 am. Reason: Edited out copyright material not properly identified
Old Mar 14th 2008, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

I copied it from time on line.But it raises some interesting questions.As America strives to bring its own brand of democracy to the world, how democratic is it?

As you pointed out the elections in Iran are somewhat of a farce, but so where the very elections that put George Bush into power.

The primary's do dictate who will be the next President,to an extent so if they are a farce, do we now have another flawed election, and if so, is America really democratic?

You have to think that there is a reason they do not fix the system,?
Old Mar 14th 2008, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/?eref=rss_world

Go to the top of the screen and watch Bush talk...what an idiot
Old Mar 14th 2008, 4:42 am
Militant Ginger

I copied it from time on line.But it raises some interesting questions.As America strives to bring its own brand of democracy to the world, how democratic is it?

As you pointed out the elections in Iran are somewhat of a farce, but so where the very elections that put George Bush into power.

The primary's do dictate who will be the next President,to an extent so if they are a farce, do we now have another flawed election, and if so, is America really democratic?

You have to think that there is a reason they do not fix the system,?
I know I'm somewhat pointlessly antagonistic towards you, but I still think America's not as bad as all that.

As I pointed out earlier (with examples) the European Union truly is a farce of democracy. More so than America (but not the individual countries that make up the union.)