Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Prescription Specticles

Prescription Specticles

Old Jul 27th 2010, 1:40 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prescription Specticles

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
You can use a prescription here from any eye doctor vaild for 2 years in CA.
You're lucky if you found someone to do that, they made me have another exam one time cause my last exam/prescription had been done 13mths earlier.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 1:45 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
You're lucky if you found someone to do that, they made me have another exam one time cause my last exam/prescription had been done 13mths earlier.
Really yes Stanton Optical in Modesto and Costco were fine.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 3:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
I have a bad astigmatism in my eyes so an ordinary lense would look like a jam jar bottom for me... last pair I got, for the frame, high index lense (thiner) anti glare and scratch resistant $240 at Sams Club.
Blimey...you got a good deal. I had a bad astigmatism and used to pay a fortune for my contacts and glasses. Lasik surgery 10 years ago put a stop to that.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 3:50 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Blimey...you got a good deal. I had a bad astigmatism and used to pay a fortune for my contacts and glasses. Lasik surgery 10 years ago put a stop to that.
Both eyes? Did you do lots of research on places to have the op done?

I'm too much of a coward, even though only one eye is astigmatism affected (if I understood the japanese correctly).
Old Jul 27th 2010, 3:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
Both eyes? Did you do lots of research on places to have the op done?

I'm too much of a coward, even though only one eye is astigmatism affected (if I understood the japanese correctly).
We meet again!

I researched it for a year before I took the plunge. I had minor myopia but acute astigmatism. In the end I chose a doctor who had performed Lasik on celbs in the New York Met area. I figured if he cocked a celeb's eyesight up he would be out of business. It wasn't cheap but hey...you only get one set of eyes.

Having Lasik surgery is one of the best things I have even done.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:04 am

We meet again!

I researched it for a year before I took the plunge. I had minor myopia but acute astigmatism. In the end I chose a doctor who had performed Lasik on celbs in the New York Met area. I figured if he cocked a celeb's eyesight up he would be out of business. It wasn't cheap but hey...you only get one set of eyes.

Having Lasik surgery is one of the best things I have even done.
Hello again fellow astigmatic

The reason I asked is that an ex colleague of mine had the surgery done - in the US or Singapore (sic), I can't remember - and they somehow cocked it up, not completely though as he was able to pay another shit load of dosh to a different place to get it done right finally. He now says aye it was one of the best things he has done. Did you get much pain or physical reaction during the process? Any negatives?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Hello again fellow astigmatic

The reason I asked is that an ex colleague of mine had the surgery done - in the US or Singapore (sic), I can't remember - and they somehow cocked it up, not completely though as he was able to pay another shit load of dosh to a different place to get it done right finally. He now says aye it was one of the best things he has done. Did you get much pain or physical reaction during the process? Any negatives?
Hello again fellow astigmatic stalker.

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about my procedure. The thing that impressed me the most was while I was waiting for my first consultation...the eye doctor was turning away non suitable patients. In other words he didn't need them to support his business.

A few years ago I took my daughter for a consultation. My doctor won't carry out the procedure on anyone under 21...so when she was 21 I made an appointment. He refused to treat her as her corneas are too thin.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:37 am

Hello again fellow astigmatic stalker.

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about my procedure. The thing that impressed me the most was while I was waiting for my first consultation...the eye doctor was turning away non suitable patients. In other words he didn't need them to support his business.

A few years ago I took my daughter for a consultation. My doctor won't carry out the procedure on anyone under 21...so when she was 21 I made an appointment. He refused to treat her as her corneas are too thin.
I get it, he only performs the op on celebs. Don't be so modest, JG.

I'll save my Yen.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I get it, he only performs the op on celebs. Don't be so modest, JG.

I'll save my Yen.
If you need to contact me in future please use the proper channels...my agent.