Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Preschool in Seattle, planning move in Sep-17

Preschool in Seattle, planning move in Sep-17

Old May 10th 2017, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

andy3232 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Preschool in Seattle, planning move in Sep-17

I ll be moving to Seattle in beginning of Sep-17, with wife and my then 3 year old boy.
Was searching net for preschools in Seattle for my boy, as I want him to start preschool this year.
1st seems like the fee ranges from 5k-15k and most of the preschools admission close in August. I ll appreciate if you can advise best way forward on how to apply for admission offline without being sure of rental address and suggest some nice preschools in/around downtown or within 7mile radius.
If I have to I might travel a bit early but I have to attend a wedding in August and ideally don't want to keep commuting back and forth.
Thanks
Andy
Old May 11th 2017, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Preschool in Seattle, planning move in Sep-17

Pre-schools are not part of the government school system, and so they can take anyone from anywhere. I think if you find a pre-school you like, you can probably negotiate with them to hold a place, through a deposit (refundable or non-refundable - they are a business after all) without a rental address.

As they are not part of the government school system, or something similar to a K-12 or university system, quality can be difficult to assess.

My advice to you would be to ask your new work colleagues, or to ask them to tap into their own friend networks for pre-school recommendations.

Churches/Synagogues often run pre-schools as well, so if you are an active member of a denomination, that is another route, though they also will often take anyone but may be subject to caps or quotas.

What suburb are you looking to live in? I loved living in Seattle.
Old May 11th 2017, 12:43 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Preschool in Seattle, planning move in Sep-17

There are a number of franchise chains of daycare facilities, often with very high standards of staffing and facilities/ equipment. Whereas with non-franchise establishments, including church-run daycares, it can be. bit of a crap shoot.

Franchise chains include Kids R Kids, Bright Horizons, Petite Academy, etc.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 11th 2017 at 12:50 pm.