British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Premiership Football - Please Help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/premiership-football-please-help-241828/)

Eeteet Jul 13th 2004 9:43 am

Premiership Football - Please Help

Hi all,

I have been searching the internet to no avail. My step-mother moved to USA 5 years ago, and we periodicaly visit her, from Michigan to Colorado, she now lives in Concorde New Hampshire. As an avvid Liverpool supporter, my visit clashes with our game against Man U on 20th Sept. I will be going to Boston to try and find the game. Can anyone tell me any websites, TV channels or BAr info numbers I can contact, to find out if this game will be on anywhere in Boston.

Many thanks

Simon.

sibsie Jul 13th 2004 9:57 am

The Phoenix Landing would be your best bet to contact. It's technically an Irish pub but the Brits have invaded. It's in Cambridge Mass. Don't know if they'll be showing it, but they're worth contacting to find out.

ScousePete Jul 13th 2004 10:41 am

Re: Premiership Football - Please Help

Originally posted by simonoaks
Hi all,

I have been searching the internet to no avail. My step-mother moved to USA 5 years ago, and we periodicaly visit her, from Michigan to Colorado, she now lives in Concorde New Hampshire. As an avvid Liverpool supporter, my visit clashes with our game against Man U on 20th Sept. I will be going to Boston to try and find the game. Can anyone tell me any websites, TV channels or BAr info numbers I can contact, to find out if this game will be on anywhere in Boston.

Many thanks

Simon.
Glad to help another Liverpool fan:

Taken from
THE MONEY GRABBING IRISH B@STARDS WHO OWN THE US TV RIGHTS TO PREMIER FOOTBALL

Phoenix Landing, The
512 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139
617-576-6260

Kinvara Pub
34 Harvard Avenue
Allston, MA 02134
617-783-9400

Porterbelly's
338 Washington Street
Brighton, MA 02135

Contact them to make sure they are showing the game.

Eeteet Jul 13th 2004 11:31 am

Great thanks,

I will call them and find out.

So does that mean you can get Santena sports at home over there, if so , can't I just watch it at in-laws house, on their TV?

cheers

sibsie Jul 13th 2004 11:55 am

If only it were that easy. Some cable co's show some big intl., games on PPV. Fox shows *some* games, but if you want to see it live, and don't want to miss it, you're better off schleping into the Phoenix Landing.

I live in the area and the only one I'd bother with is the Phoenix. I'm Irish myself (but brought up in London) and the atmosphere in a lot of the Irish pubs can get a bit hostile towards the English. Something that pisses me off no end!

doctor scrumpy Jul 13th 2004 11:59 am

Those were the lot who showed the fix against Portugal, but cut out before the penalties were over.

sibsie Jul 13th 2004 12:01 pm

I was watching at home on PPV. My cable kept cutting out and ended way before the end of extra time. I did manage to get a full refund but I was fuming with them. It's Adelphia in my area and I have a running battle with them. This month they've decided to double bill us for everything again.

Eeteet Jul 14th 2004 8:03 am

The only reason I will not move over to the US is because I just cant miss my 80 odd live footie matches a year. Sky Sports is the best in the world I think. Its ok if anyone from the US wants to move over here, as we show all their sports quite regularly. I think a TV operator who provides a good quality regular service of decent football every there, could make a killing. Might be a business prospect to investigate !!!

scrubbedexpat099 Jul 14th 2004 2:43 pm

I had the full Sky Sports set up, I get enough of a fix via FoxSportsWorld on Dish. The chances are that if it is a Sky featured match then Fox will show it.

The main gripe I have is that they do not show Div 1 games - "The Chamionship" duhhh.

It is part of their 180 Channel package, you can not get it on its own.

We had Cable before but compared to Dish it was crap and cost more as well.

I had no problem with cut off on the Portugal game, wish I had, I think it must have been your Cable.

Looks like BBC have sorted out the broadcasting of live games on the Internet for next season, I really missed that.

Since my boys dropped down I was used to listening to the local Radio for matches, now they have cut that out and you have to go through a premium service. Just had an e mail offering me the pre season friendlies for a quid, Err no thanks.

Eeteet Jul 14th 2004 4:29 pm

I'm sure it won't be long before you can watch any game live over internet.

I listen to the radio at night and in my car, Talksport is very good, with live commentaries and all the latest news. You can listen over the net www.talksport.net