Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Premiership Football

Premiership Football

Old Jul 24th 2010, 6:03 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premiership Football

Originally Posted by Waza
In all due respect mate, i think we are in a slightly better position, due to financial aspect of things, also, Liverpool are really troubled by the " In house" fighting within the backroom.
Hey.. we shall see, i think this coming season is going to be a cracker and maybe 4 or 5 teams might be in the running for the title.
All the best mate.
Waza
yeah but also with respect, Liverpool wasn't losing to Stockport and Mansfield in the 90's either.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

Mackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really nice

Last season was great for us Mackems. With Sunderland being the only premier team, we got about 70% of their games on FSC.

Alas Newcastle have to ruin that by coming back.

Still, at least we won't see Middlesbrough for a while.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 11:34 pm
Blue

Waza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really nice

Originally Posted by Manc
yeah but also with respect, Liverpool wasn't losing to Stockport and Mansfield in the 90's either.
Lol...... With respect....That is a thing of the past, things like that will always happen every so often, as you well know with Barnsley the other year..Lol
But MCFC are the future, and for me personally.... about time too, watched too much rubbish over the years, but hey, we all love our teams and will continue to watch " "Our Boys" whatever ......But we will rule The Premiership. Money always buy's success, as Man u, Chelsea, Liverpool and years before Blackburn will verify.
Waza
Old Jul 24th 2010, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

Mackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really niceMackem_FL is just really nice

John Hall threw a fortune at Newcastle and it won them nothing.

Money does not always buy success, and often buys bankrupt clubs. Look at what happened at Leeds.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fromthemanorborn
I seriously doubt it, last season Saints were as good a side as I have seen at this level that I can remember. And I have pretty much been watching football at this level since 1978 (Walsall fan). I would put them down as a pretty safe bet for automatic promotion.
A lot of other team's fans are saying 'Southampton will get promoted'. Like I said - it is all too simple though.

Markus Liebherr (the Swiss billionaire who now owns Saints) could wake up with a headache one morning and decide he'd now rather sponsor a Norwegian Ice Hockey team instead. Then what? We'd be screwed!

Good luck to Walsall next season (apart from the 2 SFC games of course). I've been swapping a few mails with a Walsall fan who (like myself) is a Denver Broncos fan. He also said 'Saints will go up'..... We'll see.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SuperOwls
Looks like I will be struggling for League 1 football in the US!
Yeah you will be!

Not many League One games are shown in the UK - let alone the USA.

Southampton's first game (v Plymouth) is on Sky. I doubt very much it'll be on USA TV. It does mean there should be a stream knocking around somewhere - better than nothing.

Saints have a TV/Radio internet station. For about 35 quid (I think it is) a season you get radio commentary for each game plus video highlights of each game a couple of days later. If Sheffield Wednesday have similar then it is money well spent.

What's the vibe in Yorkshire? Wednesday to go straight back up? I'm hearing a lot of people tip Huddersfield as well....
Old Jul 25th 2010, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

fromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TimberHut
A lot of other team's fans are saying 'Southampton will get promoted'. Like I said - it is all too simple though.
I suppose. Took Leeds 3 years after being red hot favs every year and even then they just scraped it on the final day of the season after trailing to Bristol Rovers (I think)

Markus Liebherr (the Swiss billionaire who now owns Saints) could wake up with a headache one morning and decide he'd now rather sponsor a Norwegian Ice Hockey team instead. Then what? We'd be screwed!

Good luck to Walsall next season (apart from the 2 SFC games of course).
Thanks. Good luck to Saints too, though I really doubt you'll need it.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

demi is an unknown quantity at this point

can't see it but be funny to see Man U win 6/7 - 0
i just want Man U to wina nd get the first 3 points
Old Aug 16th 2010, 11:49 am
Blue

Waza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mackem_FL
John Hall threw a fortune at Newcastle and it won them nothing.

Money does not always buy success, and often buys bankrupt clubs. Look at what happened at Leeds.
These days it seems to be the teams with money, who usually win the cups.
We shall see.
Got back from watching Spurs v CITY at the weekend.. great game though i admit CITY were pretty lucky to come away with a point.
Will get 2 more games in before i fly to Chicago. Gonna miss it big time
Waza
Good luck to everybody
Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perhaps I shouldn't have joked about that. RIP Markus.

As to what it actually means to SFC then it's not really clear at the moment - see what happens.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/833...nesday/?ref=mr
Old Aug 17th 2010, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

m2chrystal is an unknown quantity at this point

Generally speaking, do bars/pubs show english football games?
Old Aug 17th 2010, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by m2chrystal
Generally speaking, do bars/pubs show english football games?
Generally speaking - no.

Some do though.

Depending on where you are this list can help a bit:
http://www.livesoccertv.com/pubs/

Remember that most games are on live when a lot of bars ain't even open yet. Especially on the West Coast.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

m2chrystal is an unknown quantity at this point

Generally speaking - no.

Some do though.

Remember that most games are on live when a lot of bars ain't even open yet. Especially on the West Coast.
Unfortunately that's where I am! Thanks
Old Aug 17th 2010, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

demi is an unknown quantity at this point

Generally speaking - no.

Some do though.

thats a good point, you would have to time it depending on the match or try and get full highlights and not find out the score