Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Premiership Football

Premiership Football

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 6:30 pm
Blue

Waza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really nice
Default Re: Premiership Football

Cheers.. To all the people who have answered my questions on "The Greatest Game In The world"........ All my previous visits to Chicago, i have gone to " The Globe Pub" on Irving, early Saturday morning for the game, but when i move over i will have to get my own TV sorted out. A bit of a sickener after being a season ticket holder for 25 years at the Greatest Team in the world MANCHESTER CITY FC and seeing them win virtually nothing, they will probably now start to win major trophies and i will be watching 3000 miles away. Hey!! but that's love for you
Something never changes though... "Cockney" Florian...a Man u fan...Priceless !!! All the best for the season mate....
Once again cheers guys
Waza
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

In our house the TV is nothing to do with me

We pay $175 a month for DirectTV with all the soccer he can get, DVR on two TVs and all the movies - although I can never find a thing to watch when I'm there.

My OH played for Man City a few moons ago and is off to Atlanta next week and Baltimore for the tour games.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 6:57 pm
Blue

Waza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really nice

Originally Posted by Orangepants
In our house the TV is nothing to do with me

We pay $175 a month for DirectTV with all the soccer he can get, DVR on two TVs and all the movies - although I can never find a thing to watch when I'm there.

My OH played for Man City a few moons ago and is off to Atlanta next week and Baltimore for the tour games.
Jeez.....$175..It aint cheap is it.
What is your OH called, i'm sure i will remember him. I was gutted i wasn't already in the States otherwise i would have gone myself.
Waza
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Waza;8721208]Jeez.....$175..It aint cheap is it.
QUOTE]

It can add up depending on the packages and how many TVs you have since you need a box for each one and any after your first is an extra $5 a month plus the cost of the box. Fox soccer channel is $15 a month, the sports package is $13 a month unless you have the top package and then it's included, the package rates are $45-$115, HD is $10, DVR is (I think) $9 and then you have taxes and fees. There are ways to get a lot of discounts that usually last about a year or so. At one point I was paying a little under $30 a month for a $120 "sticker price" bill.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 8:18 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waza
they will probably now start to win major trophies and i will be watching 3000 miles away. Hey!! but that's love for you
I wouldn't hold your breath - it hasn't happened for Liverpool since I moved out here
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 8:26 pm
Blue

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I wouldn't hold your breath - it hasn't happened for Liverpool since I moved out here
In all due respect mate, i think we are in a slightly better position, due to financial aspect of things, also, Liverpool are really troubled by the " In house" fighting within the backroom.
Hey.. we shall see, i think this coming season is going to be a cracker and maybe 4 or 5 teams might be in the running for the title.
All the best mate.
Waza
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

A bit of a sickener after being a season ticket holder for 25 years at the Greatest Team in the world MANCHESTER CITY FC and seeing them win virtually nothing, they will probably now start to win major trophies and i will be watching 3000 miles away.
Nice one - you're a City fan. LOL at the timing of you leaving the UK! Still - Maine Rd will soon be full up of glory supporters. You wouldn't have enjoyed winning the league 10 years in a row anyway...

My team (Southampton) are favs to win their league. This is a bit strange as well. We are actually odds-on with some bookies to get promoted!

So City and Southampton to get relegated is the bet then...
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 8:48 pm
Blue

Originally Posted by TimberHut
Nice one - you're a City fan. LOL at the timing of you leaving the UK! Still - Maine Rd will soon be full up of glory supporters. You wouldn't have enjoyed winning the league 10 years in a row anyway...

My team (Southampton) are favs to win their league. This is a bit strange as well. We are actually odds-on with some bookies to get promoted!

So City and Southampton to get relegated is the bet then...
Lol....Once in 10 years would have been nice though....Lol.... One thing i have learnt over the years of watching City is... Always expect the unexpected.
So your bet might be a winner...Lol
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

SuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to all

Looks like I will be struggling for League 1 football in the US!
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 1:27 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SuperOwls
p2p streaming from the UK...but it'll mostly be kack.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

fromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TimberHut
Southampton to get relegated is the bet then...
I seriously doubt it, last season Saints were as good a side as I have seen at this level that I can remember. And I have pretty much been watching football at this level since 1978 (Walsall fan). I would put them down as a pretty safe bet for automatic promotion.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

fromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SuperOwls
Part of me is glad to see the back of it. 30+ years of shite and you question your sanity. Just why do we go through it year after year?
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 8:42 am
Blue

We go through it year after year mate, because we love the game so much. We spend thousands over the years, moan about it all the time, and yet then go back and spend a hell of a lot more on it That's football !!!

Waza
The PP2 streaming is crap, very shaky and freezes a lot
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

The PP2 streaming is crap, very shaky and freezes a lot
That all depends on the quality of your internet connection, how your ISP prioritises p2p video traffic, and how many uploaders there are watching the same game as you.

If you know the best places to look and which software to use, you can get reasonably consistent stable streams.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
DirecTV has cricket ticket, it's a sizable cost but shows a lot of cricket including the major tests. Top tip for all DirecTV customers, they are offering the rest of the season, which now is just the Champions League Twenty20, for free. Just call 1-800-378-3309 to order it.
Thanks for this info Duncan, I thought cricket was going to be one of the sacrifices I would have to make in coming to live here, but it would appear not.
Roll on The Ashes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.