Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Premiership Football

Premiership Football

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 10:31 am
Blue

Waza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really nice
Default Premiership Football

Does anyone know the best.... Cable, Or similar, to view the English premiership on TV, in the Chicago Area, and what sort of packages there are knocking about. I know it's not the most important question on the forum.... But it means a lot to me....

Cheers Guys
Warren
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Pandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud of
Default Re: Premiership Football

There are all kinds of satellite packages you can get Waza that will cover all Premiership and international football.

For example, Directv (the American equivalent to Sky basically) has a standard coverage that broadcasts UEFA stuff and other big international matches/tournaments, and you can pay extra to get more soccer channels that cover stuff like the Premiership and other leagues.

Take a look here: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/soccer

There are other satellite companies, but Directv is the biggest and most well known.

And remember, in the US it's called Soccer, not football!
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waza
I know it's not the most important question on the forum
Not only is your question totally unimportant, it's not related to immigration.

Ian
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:13 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

The Champions League and some Premier League gets shown on ESPN; the most coverage is on the Fox Soccer Channel and Fox Soccer Channel Plus (used to be Setanta). I believe that FSC+ is only available on satellite. You can get FSC/FSC+ through DirecTV and Dish; don't know about any other carriers.

BTW, not sure how this fits into Immigration so expect this post to be moved somewhere.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:37 pm
Blue

Waza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pandajuice
There are all kinds of satellite packages you can get Waza that will cover all Premiership and international football.

For example, Directv (the American equivalent to Sky basically) has a standard coverage that broadcasts UEFA stuff and other big international matches/tournaments, and you can pay extra to get more soccer channels that cover stuff like the Premiership and other leagues.

Take a look here: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/soccer

There are other satellite companies, but Directv is the biggest and most well known.

And remember, in the US it's called Soccer, not football!
Top Man !!!!!!
Will look into it... Cheers for the link, cant go without my " Soccer "

Waza
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:42 pm
Blue

Cheers All
Well strictly speaking it does scrape into the " Immigration Category " due to the fact it's a immigration from "Football " to "Soccer "

Waza
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers All
Well strictly speaking it does scrape into the " Immigration Category " due to the fact it's a immigration from "Football " to "Soccer "

Waza

I moved your thread to the appropriate forum. This has nothing to do with immigration issues but rather a question on making life in the USA easier for yourself.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

If you get DirecTV with the sports package and fox soccer plus you will get access to all the premiers, champions league and UEFA cup, or whatever it goes by now, available in the US. More than what's shown in the UK actually. Only DirecTV has this, others come close but don't have it all. Expect to pay $75-125 a month for it all, not including special offers and rebates which you will get for a year, depending on which base package you go for.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:26 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It's pretty easy to watch the Premiership and Euro matches on TV out here by all accounts - and FSC shows the Serie A as well. I've run into a local, through my son's footy team, who follows the Premiership quite closely (due to work taking him to London of course, but it's all good).

Not so for cricket, sadly, that only seems to be PPV, and I haven't been able to watch snooker since the 2005 Embassy, the last tournament broadcast before I left the UK
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:11 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
The Champions League and some Premier League gets shown on ESPN; the most coverage is on the Fox Soccer Channel and Fox Soccer Channel Plus (used to be Setanta). I believe that FSC+ is only available on satellite. You can get FSC/FSC+ through DirecTV and Dish; don't know about any other carriers.

BTW, not sure how this fits into Immigration so expect this post to be moved somewhere.
champions league was on Fox this year.

Fox Soccer Channel plus is also available on Time Warner Cable at a cost.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:12 pm
A Cockney Floridian

Location: Originally-Leyton E10,London, then Harlow new town, Essex, and eventually ended up in Orlando area
callowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of lightcallowman is a glorious beacon of light

Does anyone know the best.... Cable, Or similar, to view the English premiership on TV, in the Chicago Area, and what sort of packages there are knocking about. I know it's not the most important question on the forum.... But it means a lot to me....

Cheers Guys
Warren
I have Dish network
I get Fox soccer channel IN High Def
Fox soccer plus and I watch more live footy than I ever did in England !
Its great !
plus you get community shield
league cup
fa cup
games from the championship
uefa cup and champions league in High Def !!!!
Direct TV does have gol tv tho -dish does not and that shows La liga
but we all know La liga is just a 2 team league anyways -dont we readers .... :-)

PS make SURE you get a DVR service coz you can then record 1 live game while watching the other etc !!

3 weeks to go before the mighty Manchester United get back on my TV !!

Last edited by callowman; Jul 22nd 2010 at 3:14 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:42 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by callowman

3 weeks to go before the mighty Manchester United get back on my TV !!
Did you miss last night's match?
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Not so for cricket, sadly, that only seems to be PPV, and I haven't been able to watch snooker since the 2005 Embassy, the last tournament broadcast before I left the UK
DirecTV has cricket ticket, it's a sizable cost but shows a lot of cricket including the major tests. Top tip for all DirecTV customers, they are offering the rest of the season, which now is just the Champions League Twenty20, for free. Just call 1-800-378-3309 to order it.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

http://www.livesoccertv.com/schedules/

This site is pretty good for showing you what is coming up.

As people have said the main channels for watching English soccer are

ESPN (seemed to have the early Sat game quite a lot towards the end of last season)
FSC (Fox Soccer Channel) - comes with most Sports packages
FSC Plus (Subscription - $15 a month)

If you have all 3 of these channels you will normally get a midday, 3pm & 5pm (UK times) live Prem game each Saturday. Plus the early & late games on a Sunday. Plus delayed full showings of other games.

Come on Saints - get back into the top flight. I want the chance to be an armchair fan!
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I've seen the occasional bit of cricket on ESPN3.com if your cable company subscribes to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.