Reload this Page >

In the praise of INS

In the praise of INS

Old Feb 28th 2002, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

icantthink is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In the praise of INS

Hello all

You may remember my saga from a few weeks ago wherein I received my adjustment approval with my adjustment class as CR6 instead of IR6. The stamp in my passport was also CR6.

But all was well when the card came. It had the correct class (IR6).

Before the card came I had written to the DAO that interviewed us and requested a clarification. I enclosed a all sorts of supporting docs.

I just received a letter from the DAO. It was a *hand written* note and he apologized profusely several times. He enclosed an I-90 and explained that this was all he could do. He also wrote down detailed instructions for the I-90 (what kind of evidence to submit etc.) The note ran a good page!

There was a printed notation on the paper that said:

"To serve you more efficiently we are replying to your letter with a handwritten note. This informal method enables a more prompt response. We trust you will agree that a faster response is more important than formality. No record has been made of this correspondence and should you write again concerning this matter, please return this note"

I wonder if this is a Newark policy or something INS in general is doing?

But I tell you I am most impressed with DAO Kirby. For all you Newark people, I hope you get him!

I intend to write a nice note to him and his boss (the District Director, I assume). I'm sure they get all sorts of nasty mail so they may appreciate a nice note.