Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Power tools..

Power tools..

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Power tools..

Just for Rushman..
As I have no intention of paying some robbing bastard $20,000 to do up my bathroom I intend to do it myself..
Rushman, as you obviously are an expert on all things 'manly' please advise on which power tools I will need to purchase in order to do this, currently I own a big hammer and a philips screw driver..

thanks..
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:36 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Power tools..

Originally Posted by woodsey
currently I own a big hammer and a philips screw driver..

thanks..
Oh dear...............
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Oh dear...............
theres still time for you to come on over, the plane tickets are only a phone call away..
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:39 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

theres still time for you to come on over, the plane tickets are only a phone call away..
What needs doing then Woodsey?
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
What needs doing then Woodsey?
everything needs ripping out and new stuff needs putting in..simple!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Roadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to behold

currently I own a big hammer and a philips screw driver..
1st rule of engineering. Your hammer can NEVER be big enough.

BTW, you have two screwdrivers. Its just that one has a little more finesse than the other.

Sorry to be facetious, it isn't tools you need, it is knowledge, skill and experience. You can't buy the last two.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:41 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Just for Rushman..
As I have no intention of paying some robbing bastard $20,000 to do up my bathroom I intend to do it myself..
Rushman, as you obviously are an expert on all things 'manly' please advise on which power tools I will need to purchase in order to do this, currently I own a big hammer and a philips screw driver..

thanks..
The consultancy fee to assess the correct power tools you need is $5000.00
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lionheart
The consultancy fee to assess the correct power tools you need is $5000.00
who bloody asked you..
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:44 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

who bloody asked you..
Hey I'm just trying to make a dishonest living
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey I'm just trying to make a dishonest living
actually whilst your not working are you any good at DIY?
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

no you don't ..I broke the hammer (or Birmingham screwdriver as its known)
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:49 pm
Banned

actually whilst your not working are you any good at DIY?
My old man is a builder. I've done construction. I redid my older sisters kitchen for free years ago when she left the chip pan on and set the kitchen on fire. Get Eskimo to do it at the weekend, lazy git!
Plus the tile cement and grout makes a man's hands all rough not like those soft office workers hands.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

My old man is a builder. I've done construction. I redid my older sisters kitchen for free years ago when she left the chip pan on and set the kitchen on fire. Get Eskimo to do it at the weekend, lazy git!
Plus the tile cement and grout makes a man's hands all rough not like those soft office workers hands.
he is so shit at DIY I can't even express it in words..hanging a flaming picture turns into a marathon event with 10 trips to Home Depot to find the right screw..and you're right his hands are softer than mine.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Roadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Eskimo
no you don't ..I broke the hammer (or Birmingham screwdriver as its known)
I refer you to the 1st rule of engineering.......
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

he is so shit at DIY I can't even express it in words..hanging a flaming picture turns into a marathon event with 10 trips to Home Depot to find the right screw..and you're right his hands are softer than mine.
you always said I was good with me hands ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.