Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Are power outages common in your area?

Are power outages common in your area?

Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:41 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are power outages common in your area?

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I'm not trying to censor you ..... I just think you're a liar.
Not at all, I just don't play your games, dear.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:43 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tolos
Not at all, I just don't play your games, dear.
Oh, I'm getting you confused with personality number 17, dear. Remember him? He was a hoot. Whatever happened to him?
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:45 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I'm getting you confused with personality number 17, dear. Remember him? He was a hoot. Whatever happened to him?
Probably got into a tit-for-tat with you and got banned. Seems to happen a lot around here, from what I've read.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:47 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Probably got into a tit-for-tat with you and got banned. Seems to happen a lot around here, from what I've read.
LOL - Yes it does happen a LOT - but it's always the same person that it's happening to so that sort of skews the numbers.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:51 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

We had a power outage here in TX while I was in the local Bes Buy. The storm disabled everthing from the lights to the security systems. You would be amazed how many people grabbed those few minutes of opportunity to run from the store with arms full of DVDs, CDs, video games, even stereos and DVD players...all while the 2 or 3 door guards attempted to stop them.

All the criminals were black by the way, not that that means anything here in Houston....right?

Ok so it devolved into a tit for tat. Could you just say when this happened? where this happened? I for one would be interested in reading about it. A link would be good to your source.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:52 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

LOL - Yes it does happen a LOT - but it's always the same person that it's happening to so that sort of skews the numbers.
I think not. But if that thought brings light to your day, then good for you. Afterall, something has to!
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:54 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Ok so it devolved into a tit for tat. Could you just say when this happened? where this happened? I for one would be interested in reading about it. A link would be good to your source.
Sources, dates and times, eh? I was in Best Buy last year sometime when Richmond Avenue flooded quite bad one Sunday afternoon, and a section of Greenway Plaza area was knocked out. I would supply you with climate readings, cloud interpretations and the days TV schedule, but unfortunately I can't remember the exact date. Sorry peeps. I guess you'd rather me search through scores of journals and diaries than face the shocking truth that - GASP! - I accused some black men of robbing a store.

Let me know how life is in your "Sound of Music" world that y'all live in. Here in reality, things are somewhat different.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:00 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Please!!!! no arguement for a day or two ....
I am feeling very fragile ..with chest pains, leg pains, arm pain,
and a raging headache... good news... my feet are good .....
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:09 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Sources, dates and times, eh? I was in Best Buy last year sometime when Richmond Avenue flooded quite bad one Sunday afternoon, and a section of Greenway Plaza area was knocked out. I would supply you with climate readings, cloud interpretations and the days TV schedule, but unfortunately I can't remember the exact date. Sorry peeps. I guess you'd rather me search through scores of journals and diaries than face the shocking truth that - GASP! - I accused some black men of robbing a store.

Let me know how life is in your "Sound of Music" world that y'all live in. Here in reality, things are somewhat different.
Thank you for answering the question. No need for the sarcasm. No need for the extra stats either. Obviously you realised that your post was going to raise an emotional response. I quote:

"All the criminals were black by the way, not that that means anything here in Houston....right?"

The last part, while perhaps true in this case is also inflammatory. Do you think that fanning the flames of racial stereotyping is useful?
I watched a movie called Crash over the weekend, perhaps you've heard of it or seen it? Stereotyping black people as being criminals isn't helpful and is very hurtful. Other than playing to an audience who would agree with your stereotyping, What point were you making?
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:13 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Thank you for answering the question. No need for the sarcasm. No need for the extra stats either. Obviously you realised that your post was going to raise an emotional response. I quote:

"All the criminals were black by the way, not that that means anything here in Houston....right?"

The last part, while perhaps true in this case is also inflammatory. Do you think that fanning the flames of racial stereotyping is useful?
I watched a movie called Crash over the weekend, perhaps you've heard of it or seen it? Stereotyping black people as being criminals isn't helpful and is very hurtful. Other than playing to an audience who would agree with your stereotyping, What point were you making?
I have seen Crash and actually enjoyed it. not only on a movie/entertainment scale, but as a valuable piece of socioloigical awareness. I was not advocating stereotyping of any race. Sadly in Houston, and only when you are down in trenches and speaking with various native Houstonians, will you see that there is a great deal of racism down here. And especially with the increase in Katrina refugees, many stereotypes become a reality. At first, I was very idealist and thumbed my nose to the "white collar racists". But after a year of living here in the city, I see ample reason why people are racist. Especially here in Houston, Bill Cosby knows exactly what he is talking about.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

We had a power outage here in TX while I was in the local Bes Buy. The storm disabled everthing from the lights to the security systems. You would be amazed how many people grabbed those few minutes of opportunity to run from the store with arms full of DVDs, CDs, video games, even stereos and DVD players...all while the 2 or 3 door guards attempted to stop them.

All the criminals were black by the way, not that that means anything here in Houston....right?

So this happened this weekend then???? Didn't hear or see anything on the local news. No outage while we were in Houston this weekend either.
Very strange..................

Edited to say I see you then posted to say it was last year sometime, well still cant say I remember the incident
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:50 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
So this happened this weekend then???? Didn't hear or see anything on the local news. No outage while we were in Houston this weekend either.
Very strange..................

Edited to say I see you then posted to say it was last year sometime, well still cant say I remember the incident
Let me guess, it didn't make it onto the news - so I'm a liar. C'mon people FFS - not everything makes it onto K-HOU, ya know. You familiar with crime in the slightest?
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:54 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a man having sex with a Donkey at Home Depot yesterday.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:55 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I saw a man having sex with a Donkey at Home Depot yesterday.
Was it a black guy?

Just kidding, ExPats....that really was a joke.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:59 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Let me guess, it didn't make it onto the news - so I'm a liar. C'mon people FFS - not everything makes it onto K-HOU, ya know. You familiar with crime in the slightest?
Jesus Fu(king Christ, you sound like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....
like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....
like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....
like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....
like a god damn broken record....like a god damn broken record.... like a god damn broken record....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.