Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Are power outages common in your area?

Are power outages common in your area?

Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:21 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are power outages common in your area?

We had a power outage here in TX while I was in the local Bes Buy. The storm disabled everthing from the lights to the security systems. You would be amazed how many people grabbed those few minutes of opportunity to run from the store with arms full of DVDs, CDs, video games, even stereos and DVD players...all while the 2 or 3 door guards attempted to stop them.

All the criminals were black by the way, not that that means anything here in Houston....right?
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:25 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tolos
We had a power outage here in TX while I was in the local Bes Buy. The storm disabled everthing from the lights to the security systems. You would be amazed how many people grabbed those few minutes of opportunity to run from the store with arms full of DVDs, CDs, video games, even stereos and DVD players...all while the 2 or 3 door guards attempted to stop them.

All the criminals were black by the way, not that that means anything here in Houston....right?
What a load of bollocks.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:25 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
What a load of bollocks.
'Fraid not, my dear. I thought you had me on ignore, anyway?
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

nope can't say we have any major probs with power outages here in downtown houston
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:28 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

'Fraid not, my dear. I thought you had me on ignore, anyway?
Give me the date and time of this occurance..... I'll check your facts and if I'm wrong I'll post it publicly.

You wouldn't happen to be a school teacher in Houston would you?

I think you're getting confused - it was your last persona/user name that I put on ignore.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

What a load of bollocks.

This is the 2nd provocative post of his I have read in the last few minutes. Mmmm kinda reminds me of another poster who is just trying to stir up trouble.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:30 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Give me the date and time of this occurance..... I'll check your facts and if I'm wrong I'll post it publicly.

You wouldn't happen to be a school teacher in Houston would you?

I think you're getting confused - it was your last persona/user name that I put on ignore.
??

Actually I work in marketing. Put me on ignore, so I don't have to deal with your nonsense.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:31 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
This is the 2nd provocative post of his I have read in the last few minutes. Mmmm kinda reminds me of another poster who is just trying to stir up trouble.
LOL. No wonder our society is slowly becoming a stagnant, bland, politically correct landscape with vanilla language and values. Anything you say these days that is remotely against the grain or slightly controversial is immediately written off as "stirring up trouble" or "trolling". Makes me sick. Open you minds. You can't handle a little attitude and in your face schtick from a man who refuses to think like you.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:33 pm
WTF?

??

Actually I work in marketing. Put me on ignore, so I don't have to deal with your nonsense.
Put me on ignore if you don't want to deal with my nonsense.

So did you ever find out why Asians have slitty eyes? Or are you still conducting that study.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:33 pm
WTF?

LOL. No wonder our society is slowly becoming a stagnant, bland, politically correct landscape with vanilla language and values. Anything you say these days that is remotely against the grain or slightly controversial is immediately written off as "stirring up trouble" or "trolling". Makes me sick. Open you minds. You can't handle a little attitude and in your face schtick from a man who refuses to think like you.
Righty-ho ..... let's go bash some queers.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:34 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Put me on ignore if you don't want to deal with my nonsense.

So did you ever find out why Asians have slitty eyes? Or are you still conducting that study.
You spend almost all your waking time here, Leslie, you tell me?
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:36 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Righty-ho ..... let's go bash some queers.
Errrr.....if you like, love.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:37 pm
WTF?

You spend almost all your waking time here, Leslie, you tell me?
At least I do it under one user name.

You change your user name every week - and then pretend you're not spending all of your time on here.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:39 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

At least I do it under one user name.

You change your user name every week - and then pretend you're not spending all of your time on here.

"Anyway, with the escalating level of political correctness combined with the fear of being sued in America, we are becoming a bunch of boring self-censoring bastards, or perhaps we always were." - Rings very true.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:40 pm
WTF?

"Anyway, with the escalating level of political correctness combined with the fear of being sued in America, we are becoming a bunch of boring self-censoring bastards, or perhaps we always were." - Rings very true.
I'm not trying to censor you ..... I just think you're a liar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.