Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Potential Car Seat Hassles and Delta

Potential Car Seat Hassles and Delta

Old Jun 5th 2006, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

commoner has much to be proud ofcommoner has much to be proud ofcommoner has much to be proud ofcommoner has much to be proud ofcommoner has much to be proud ofcommoner has much to be proud ofcommoner has much to be proud ofcommoner has much to be proud ofcommoner has much to be proud ofcommoner has much to be proud ofcommoner has much to be proud of
Default Re: Potential Car Seat Hassles and Delta

I'd like to thank all, serious and ridiculous, who responded to my question. Double thanks to Amerlisa for the Delta strike info.

The kid and I are currently in the US, and the flight wasn't problematic at all. The car seat, a Britax Freeway, fit beautifully in the seat and no one gave me any guff about using it.

I still find it outrageous how difficult it was to get decent information from Delta regarding flying with an infant. The flight attendants were courteous and helpful, and the only annoying thing was asking for the fruit plate I ordered for Charlotte, only to be told they had no record of the order.

To Ironpoorer:
Don't worry, I made sure my little darling was fed, changed and occupied. Just a year ago I said to myself ohhh shit when someone boarded a plane with an infant. The baby would have screamed more had she travelled in the cat carrier.

Thanks again!

Laura
Old Jun 5th 2006, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Rjac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Potential Car Seat Hassles and Delta

Originally Posted by commoner
Hello all,

The kid (9-months-old in June) and I are flying from England to the US and back. I flirted with the idea of ordering an American car seat and having it shipped over to use, and some nice person pointed out the foreign car seat wouldn't be covered in the event of an accident in England.

Laura
Hi,

I travelled to the US from the UK with my wife and 2 children in January 2004. My four year old had his own seat and the 9 month old sat on my lap for the two flights (Gatwick to Atlanta and Atlanta to Memphis) and the same on the return flight. I had no problems as the both children fell asleep shortly after take off both times and neither of them cries (a drink is a good idea during take off).

I travelled to the US again in March this year, this time with 3 children, 6, 2 years 9 months and 15 months and my wife. The 6 and nearly 3 year old each had there own seats and I had the 15 month old on my lap for the entire flight, she slept about half the time and the rest of it she watched 'Cartoon Network' on the seat back screen. I had a double flight again (Gatwick to Philadelphia and Philadelphia to Nashville).

One other thing to note. If you get to the airport early you maybe able to get a 'Sky Cot' for the infant without any aditional charge.

Regards,

Robert.