Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Possibly Moving to Colorado (Job Offer)

Possibly Moving to Colorado (Job Offer)

Old Jul 6th 2022, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Perry_1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possibly Moving to Colorado (Job Offer)

Hi All,

I previously put a post on here about moving to Houston through my company, At the moment they don't have any positions available so I have been looking for jobs in the USA and had an interview with a company in Colorado.
I am down to the final interview process and the salary for this role is $129k and between $10,000-$20,000 in relocation costs. They have also said that after 1 year they would start the greencard process as well.

How does this salary sound for living in Colorado? I will be with my wife and 2 children.
Old Jul 6th 2022, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possibly Moving to Colorado (Job Offer)

Originally Posted by Perry_1990
Hi All,

I previously put a post on here about moving to Houston through my company, At the moment they don't have any positions available so I have been looking for jobs in the USA and had an interview with a company in Colorado.
I am down to the final interview process and the salary for this role is $129k and between $10,000-$20,000 in relocation costs. They have also said that after 1 year they would start the greencard process as well.

How does this salary sound for living in Colorado? I will be with my wife and 2 children.
My sense of cost of living in CO is not great, others will comment. My advice is to have the GC component in writing, just to have that chip in the drawer.
Old Jul 6th 2022, 5:07 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

If this job is not with your current employer, what visa does the employer intend to apply for?
Old Jul 6th 2022, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I was recently in Durango and was surprised at the price of homes there - considering Durango, while a tourist place, is not exactly the commercial hub of Colorado.

Having said that Colorado cost of living is some 20% lower than LA according to this website

https://www.salary.com/research/cost...ngeles%2C%20CA.

Depending on what benefits this new company are offering (health insurance comes to mind and its costs) but with a low state income tax and fairly low property tax 129K would probably suffice.

If getting an H-1B take into account wife cannot work...... (until a particular period when green card petition has been made)
Old Jul 6th 2022, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

Where in CO? For the front range,129K is OK for some Denver burbs, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins and the prairies.
Places like Boulder county are extremely expensive, looking at >$1M for small family homes.
Old Dec 14th 2022, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on location, Denver or Boulder, shall cost you more but it makes up with better air, water and kids schools,
Hi All,