Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Possible move to Florida In next couple of years

Possible move to Florida In next couple of years

Old Mar 27th 2023, 2:30 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible move to Florida In next couple of years

Originally Posted by Pulaski
"Out west". Yeah, it must be terrible living 12-15 miles inland from the Atlantic coast!
Give it 20 years and it'll be water front.
Old Mar 27th 2023, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by excpomea
Give it 20 years and it'll be water front.
My point exactly. Politics aside, FL is in big trouble. There is no doubt at this stage.
Old Mar 27th 2023, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
"Out west". Yeah, it must be terrible living 12-15 miles inland from the Atlantic coast!
traffic definitely is a problem here (and one of the downsides) , those 12-15 miles are an extra hour to get to the coast. not important to some people, but I love personally love to be at the beach with 15 minutes and to be near a city and nightlife.
Old Mar 27th 2023, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PetrifiedExPat
FL, paradise? Do you love good old Ron?
I most certainly do. you only need to see how he handled the pandemic and look at the flocks of people who have left other states to move here.
Old Mar 27th 2023, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
I most certainly do. you only need to see how he handled the pandemic and look at the flocks of people who have left other states to move here.
Oh boy, so much of a Karen they named you twice.
Old Mar 27th 2023, 4:01 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Now I'm really scared!!!!
Old Mar 27th 2023, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh boy, so much of a Karen they named you twice.
you sound very bitter. But if it makes you feel good to attack a someone you don’t know (or anyone with a different political view) then that’s pretty sad. We can have a difference of opinion but facts are facts. Have a great day petrified expat!
Old Mar 27th 2023, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

you sound very bitter. But if it makes you feel good to attack a someone you don’t know (or anyone with a different political view) then that’s pretty sad. We can have a difference of opinion but facts are facts. Have a great day petrified expat!
I will watch Fox for latest dose of fax!
Old Mar 27th 2023, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

I will watch Fox for latest dose of fax!
You can search any news channel you like for numbers of people leaving blue states for Florida and that Florida was the fastest growing state last year. That’s not opinion my dear.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adammillsap/2023/02/14/bad-economic-policies-are-one-reason-people-are-leaving-blue-states/amp/

Last edited by karenkaren1; Mar 27th 2023 at 4:41 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2023, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

OP, please consider the above lunacy as a prime reason why FL in the long term (outside of a great weekend or two vacation), may not be the best idea.
Old Mar 27th 2023, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

OP, please consider the above lunacy as a prime reason why FL in the long term (outside of a great weekend or two vacation), may not be the best idea.

you call my posts lunacy. Ok I’m happy to give you a chance to have a credible and educated argument. Please explain where I am wrong re Florida being the fastest growing state with the most booming economy since the Pandemic. If you can manage it, try and respond factually without any personal insults.
Old Mar 27th 2023, 5:21 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

You can search any news channel you like for numbers of people leaving blue states for Florida and that Florida was the fastest growing state last year. That’s not opinion my dear.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adammil...ue-states/amp/
It is a ridiculous oversimplification to describe US states as “blue states” or “red states.” All states are a blend, somewhere on the continuum, of those two political tendencies, red vs. blue. (I imagine plenty of people from so-called “red states” relocate to Florida. )
Old Mar 27th 2023, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

you call my posts lunacy. Ok I’m happy to give you a chance to have a credible and educated argument. Please explain where I am wrong re Florida being the fastest growing state with the most booming economy since the Pandemic. If you can manage it, try and respond factually without any personal insults.
Too many fax for me!

Good luck OP!
Old Mar 27th 2023, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Too many fax for me!

Good luck OP!

just as I thought. You have attacked me but can’t even back up your own argument. Pathetic.
Old Mar 27th 2023, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robin1234
It is a ridiculous oversimplification to describe US states as “blue states” or “red states.” All states are a blend, somewhere on the continuum, of those two political tendencies, red vs. blue. (I imagine plenty of people from so-called “red states” relocate to Florida. )
you are indeed correct. I meant to say, states with a democratic governor have lost a huge amount of people to republican run Florida as a direct result of the political policies and resulting crime. I stand corrected.

Last edited by karenkaren1; Mar 27th 2023 at 5:44 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.