Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to buy good tea in Indiana?

Is it possible to buy good tea in Indiana?

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 6:37 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice
Default Re: Is it possible to buy good tea in Indiana?

Originally Posted by dukeynorton
Highly contentious issue this. There is basically two camps, milk in first or milk in after. If you are doing it very properly, especially with loose tea and all that, strictly speaking the milk should be warmed slightly. Personally, I am a milk in first man!
I once watched Mr. Twinings himself on a morning show say that it is up to the person. The reason why milk used to go in first, was due to the fact that the porcelain cups in yonder days were very thin and would crack if you put the tea in first.

Gawd, the amount of useless information I carry around...
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 2:21 am
What are you - 8?

LindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by deniseincarmel
So that's how you do it! Thanks Redlippie. I'm not big on milk, so I'd probably add my squirt of lemon instead.

The loose tea did seem fresher...maybe my imagination...or maybe the paper from the tea bags have been bleached and that's coming through on the tastebuds...
I have loads of British tea here love, sorry haven't been checking the board p I did invite you and you hubbie for a cuppa. The best tea is tetleys round bag - from anywhere. Bif lots get there stuff really fresh now - they don't really liquidate - they have contracts. It has been the same for a couple of years. I wil take some to work with me tomorrow. Call Dr. Fetters office after 3pm - 663-7123 - and we can have a chat - and you can pick it up then if you want, just ask for Linda they will guess from your accent you want me lol - or tell them I am the English Linda.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 2:24 am
What are you - 8?

LindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LindaBB
I have loads of British tea here love, sorry haven't been checking the board p I did invite you and you hubbie for a cuppa. The best tea is tetleys round bag - from anywhere. Bif lots get there stuff really fresh now - they don't really liquidate - they have contracts. It has been the same for a couple of years. I wil take some to work with me tomorrow. Call Dr. Fetters office after 3pm - 663-7123 - and we can have a chat - and you can pick it up then if you want, just ask for Linda they will guess from your accent you want me lol - or tell them I am the English Linda.
Oops didn't read the whole thread - just ask for me and I will be there with tea from England - I don't buy it here at all - Linda
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

deniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to all

Hello LindaBB. Nice to meet you. Am I understanding you correctly? You live in Carmel or Indy? What a sweet offer. Sounds great! Didn't see a private msg., though.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 5:22 pm
What are you - 8?

Hello LindaBB. Nice to meet you. Am I understanding you correctly? You live in Carmel or Indy? What a sweet offer. Sounds great! Didn't see a private msg., though.
I live in Carmel and work for the doctor as a consultant, no pm, just call the office after three to make sure I am there and then you can come and pick it up, or talk to me and arrange somethng. I didn't pm you - the office number in the post is public.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 5:24 pm
What are you - 8?

I live in Carmel and work for the doctor as a consultant, no pm, just call the office after three to make sure I am there and then you can come and pick it up, or talk to me and arrange somethng. I didn't pm you - the office number in the post is public.
Wow look at those typos in the middle of the night - Linda

Anyway have to get to the office now getting things together I expect to hear from you later ..
Old Aug 4th 2007, 5:54 am
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it possible to buy good tea in Indiana?

Hello everyone. This is my first time starting a new thread so please go easy on me, lol. My question is where can one purchase good tea in America, preferrably in the Indianapolis or Carmel areas. Or, if anyone has a great online source to recommend that would be great. I'm leaning towards downsizing coffee consumption in favor of finding a great tea to take its place. There has to be something out there besides Lipton, but where should I start? Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi Denise (great name, by the way)

We purchase our everyday tea, PG Tips, from Amazon.com.

One of the best tea vendors in the U.S. is Harney & Son http://harney.com If you wish to experiment with different teas, you can purchase $2 samples. Harney is a very reputable company.

I think someone has mentioned Upton's and, yes, they are excellent, too.

You might also wish to check out the tea from my Sri Lankan friend, Lalith Paranavatana, in Columbus, IN http://empiretea.com

I don't "trust" tea from places like World Market, Big Lots, Marshall's, etc. No telling how old it is.

Good luck on your tea journey!! And please: skip the Lipton's!!!

Denise
Old Aug 4th 2007, 3:59 pm
What are you - 8?

Originally Posted by DDL

One of the best tea vendors in the U.S. is Harney & Son http://harney.com If you wish to experiment with different teas, you can purchase $2 samples. Harney is a very reputable company.

You might also wish to check out the tea from my Sri Lankan friend, Lalith Paranavatana, in Columbus, IN http://empiretea.com

I don't "trust" tea from places like World Market, Big Lots, Marshall's, etc. No telling how old it is.

Denise
Denise has English tea now, she came to my office and I gave her some.

Linda
Old Aug 4th 2007, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

deniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DDL

Denise
Hi Denise!! How true, how true. It is a great name except when the "denephew" joke is told over and over and over again. Have you heard it? You may not have depending upon how long you've been in the states.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm making a list and will add yours. Right now, I'm trying Tetley and LOVE it thanks to dear new friend LindaBB.

Last edited by deniseincarmel; Aug 4th 2007 at 10:44 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Denise has English tea now, she came to my office and I gave her some.

Linda
Linda, thank you so much!!! I LOVE the tea.

You are a dear.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

No problem getting good tea in San Francisco.

http://www.imperialtea.com/TeaCatalog.asp
Old Aug 5th 2007, 12:15 am
Silly fool for love

twiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by surly
No problem getting good tea in San Francisco.

http://www.imperialtea.com/TeaCatalog.asp
slightly off tangent but are there any good chippies in San Francisco?? I've been craving fat chips with lots of malt vinegar and some battered haddock
Old Aug 5th 2007, 12:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twiggy1984
slightly off tangent but are there any good chippies in San Francisco?? I've been craving fat chips with lots of malt vinegar and some battered haddock
I have a deep fat fryer...it makes delish chips.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 12:43 am
Silly fool for love

twiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I have a deep fat fryer...it makes delish chips.
I'm so jealous! I've been dreaming of fat chips forever! v
Old Aug 5th 2007, 12:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twiggy1984
I'm so jealous! I've been dreaming of fat chips forever! v
I bought mine from Target. I haven't used it in ages but now my mouth's watering so I just might buy some spuds tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.