Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Pork pies in Phoenix

Pork pies in Phoenix

Old Jan 13th 2011, 6:05 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pork pies in Phoenix

I notice there are some Irish pubs, etc. listed around the area but do any of them sell pork pies???

Is there anywhere you can get them in Phoenix?

(And why is it that I can basically quote the entire Immigration and Nationality Act off the top of my head but I don't know the answer to this question... hmmm....)
Old Jan 13th 2011, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

monksb is just really nicemonksb is just really nicemonksb is just really nicemonksb is just really nicemonksb is just really nicemonksb is just really nicemonksb is just really nicemonksb is just really nice
Default Re: Pork pies in Phoenix

Dont know about pork pies in Phoenix, but you can get some great ones on line at The English Pork Pie Company.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 6:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monksb
Dont know about pork pies in Phoenix, but you can get some great ones on line at The English Pork Pie Company.
That's where they all seem to come from, regardless of who is selling them.

FWIW, my DH just received a crate load of them for his December b-day and has been in hog heaven (haha!) ever since. He's also gained 7.3#

edit: the Texas place does the best shipping price.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 7:41 pm
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, but I'd bet that they don't. Irish pubs in the US satisfy the idealized American idea of the Irish.....you'll see Guinness, lots of green and fish and chips on the menu.

The only widely available meat pie is the "chicken pot pie". I have seen other meat pies in PA (German tradition), some French Canadian savory meat pies, and an Australian restaurant just opened in Boston that serves meat pies, but these examples are only available locally. Down in Phoenix you should look for empanadas, but I've never seen a pork pie in the USA.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:25 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nun
I don't know, but I'd bet that they don't. Irish pubs in the US satisfy the idealized American idea of the Irish.....you'll see Guinness, lots of green and fish and chips on the menu.

The only widely available meat pie is the "chicken pot pie". I have seen other meat pies in PA (German tradition), some French Canadian savory meat pies, and an Australian restaurant just opened in Boston that serves meat pies, but these examples are only available locally. Down in Phoenix you should look for empanadas, but I've never seen a pork pie in the USA.
I know we discussed this before and somewhere in this thread there might be the answer lol....can't find it but know its there!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...es#post9095034
Old Jan 14th 2011, 5:46 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Well at least there is Fresh 'N' Easy in Phoenix, aka Tesco's. They have decent back bacon and sausages. And actual freshly prepared meals, which is a nice change from the frozen crap trucked in from hundreds of miles away, the usual norm in Calgary.

Anyway I shall order a pork pie and see if it's any good.

Hmm... remind me again, what the hell is an ounce? And a pound?

Last edited by Steve_; Jan 14th 2011 at 5:48 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

azkahrs is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried the Cornish Pasty Company (Tempe and Mesa)?

SK