Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Poppy from NC - I really need a home!

Poppy from NC - I really need a home!

Old Dec 19th 2004, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poppy from NC - I really need a home!

Originally Posted by rincewind
Under the new Patriot Act, doesn't using the words WTC attack and bombed in the same paragraph flag this thread up for further investigation by the CIA?
Probably.
Old Dec 19th 2004, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patent Attorney
God no! Horrible disgusting stuff ... spitting the remnants of black gooey tobacco ... I'm no Josey Wales! Yuk-ee-dar. I just sip hot Tetley tea! True, black tea can discolor one's teeth, but there's always "Total Colgate" or whatever it is called.

I can't sit next to anyone who smokes; the smell sticks to my clothes. I find it sort of fascinating to see smokers standing outside my apartment building in the depths of winter, they can smoke in their own apartments, but rather not stink up the place or maybe their udder 'alf yell at them to smoke outside ... when I lived in a high-rise in downtown Chicago people would shiver outside to get their nicotine receptors back in tune by dragging on a ciggi. Pathetic. The only thing that I have seem that was more pathetic was on National Coaches on long journeys, how the smoker "adults" would drag and puff to the last moment before getting back on the bus; the ones that exhaled as they walked down the ailse took the biscuit. I can't stand smoke near me and will never sleep in a smoker's room in a hotel, disgusting horrible.

I can't date a smoker, no matter how drop dead pretty. Don't talk to me about the weed, disgusting stuff; I once moved into a room at college that had weed ash all over the shop. I could not get rid of it; it was so fine much of it seemed to leak from the vacuum bag. Pungent horrible smell would permeate the room. I asked to be moved.

I just drink British blend tea, that is my poison, it is also my punishment … morphed from a Red Dwarf line

This could lead to a good forum topic but I am interested in knowing if you have ever smoked or even attempted to try?
Old Dec 19th 2004, 5:19 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
This could lead to a good forum topic but I am interested in knowing if you have ever smoked or even attempted to try?
Yes. I'd like to know if the PA has even inhaled...

NC Penguin
Old Dec 19th 2004, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Starbourne is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BritishInOhio
I would never give up my dog, ever. If work told me I had to move, I'd quit and find another job. My wife is a vet and sees this kind of stuff all the time, it's heartbreaking. We rescued our dog from Chicago Animal Care and Control, he was dropped off by a "loving family" who had to relocate, he was 36 hours away from being put down. I don't know how these people can live with themselves.

Sorry, but I agree with BritishInOhio. I could never give up my dog, no matter what. If I lost my job then I would just stay here for the few months it took to get a pet passport. If that meant going home with huge debts, at least I would have a clear conscience. Many of us love our pets the same as we love our children, and we would never rehome our children.

However, having said that, I also appreciate that everyone is different. There are those of us that would do anything for our pets and those of us whose love for an animal is not quite so deep.

As far as Poppy is concerned, all I can say is that at least she has an owner who cares enough to find her a home, rather than just dumping her on the street to fend for herself.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 4:19 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Yes. I'd like to know if the PA has even inhaled...
NC Penguin
Nope.