Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Poppy Girl...

Poppy Girl...

Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute
Default Poppy Girl...

Very sad news from Poppy today,she's back in the UK....her dad passed away this morning (25th)...luckily she got there in time to be with him via a compassionate flight through KLM,on tuesday.....I'm sure we all send her our condolences...Sophia
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poppy Girl...

Sorry to hear that.....
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry that Poppy has to go back to the UK so quickly under such heartbreaking circumstances.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:40 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sophia_S
Very sad news from Poppy today,she's back in the UK....her dad passed away this morning (25th)...luckily she got there in time to be with him via a compassionate flight through KLM,on tuesday.....I'm sure we all send her our condolences...Sophia
Thats awful, I am so sorry Poppygirl especially when other things in your life was going so well
My condolences to you and to your family at this difficult time.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 12:42 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Condolences.

Take care!
Old Jan 26th 2007, 12:45 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

So sorry to hear your sad news.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:24 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Expat Friends

Firstly Thank you to Sohia for making this post that was very kind of her and Thank you for the well wish's.

I would like to say to any of you that may have things to say to a loved one and are abroad make it up before something happens to you or them, luckily the rift with my father was made up the later part of last year, and we got to have Xmas together but never the less alot of time was wasted.

I was lucky that KLM Let me out so quickly, I got the call at 10am cst and was on the Plane at 4.30pm in Chicago, I arrived at 9.30am uk and was with Dad that afternoon, went home was told they would call if he got worse, got the call at 9.30pm and drove to the hospital where I spent the night with him alone as my mother was not in any state to be there, at 5.35am on the 25th Jan Daddy died in my arms, I said to him give me one last cuddle Daddy and he died we never got to speak as he was out of it when I got to the UK.

Why am I telling you this well its because if anyone reads this that has family problems then even if I can just 1 person to make up with their loved one I have done some good as I would hate to see anymore go through what I felt.

I am sitting at home emailing family and friends and trying to be honest take my mind else where for a bit.

Take care all flying back the 5th.

Poppy
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:35 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Dear Expat Friends

Firstly Thank you to Sohia for making this post that was very kind of her and Thank you for the well wish's.

I would like to say to any of you that may have things to say to a loved one and are abroad make it up before something happens to you or them, luckily the rift with my father was made up the later part of last year, and we got to have Xmas together but never the less alot of time was wasted.

I was lucky that KLM Let me out so quickly, I got the call at 10am cst and was on the Plane at 4.30pm in Chicago, I arrived at 9.30am uk and was with Dad that afternoon, went home was told they would call if he got worse, got the call at 9.30pm and drove to the hospital where I spent the night with him alone as my mother was not in any state to be there, at 5.35am on the 25th Jan Daddy died in my arms, I said to him give me one last cuddle Daddy and he died we never got to speak as he was out of it when I got to the UK.

Why am I telling you this well its because if anyone reads this that has family problems then even if I can just 1 person to make up with their loved one I have done some good as I would hate to see anymore go through what I felt.

I am sitting at home emailing family and friends and trying to be honest take my mind else where for a bit.

Poppy

So terribly sorry to hear your news Poppy, I hope that you are bearing up okay.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Expat Friends

Poppy
Oh Poppy that's so sad...I'm sorry. At least you were able to be with your Dad and I'm sure he knew it. I know what you mean...my mum and I haven't always seen eye to eye. She's almost 87 and very frail...every time I leave I think it may be the last time I see my parents again...not a nice thought.

We are thinking of you.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Our condolences at your loss.His memory will always be with you, so he has not gone completely.When your sad, remember the better moments in your time together and laugh at them. Best Wishes.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:56 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Expat Friends

Poppy
Sorry to hear your news.
Great sentiments in your post.

Good luck
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:00 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Expat Friends

Poppy

I am so sorry poppy girl .. at least you got to be with him at the end and I am sure he knows you were there and he loved you loads..
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Seahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond repute

Very sorry Poppygirl for your loss. He knew you were by
his side through the end for LOVE knows no bounds.
You and yours are in my prayers.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:23 pm

Neathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of light

Dear Expat Friends

Poppy

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Im so very sorry for your loss, You are so right, life is too short to hang onto unsettled feelings between family members.
I hope you will find some comfort in knowing you had a few moments together at such a difficult time.
Thoughts are with you Poppy girl, best wishesx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.