Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Poor quality sports games chants

Poor quality sports games chants

Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:23 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Poor quality sports games chants

Having been to all manner of sports games here, I have realised that the Americans have got very poor chants.

They mainly utilize the word 'suck' and its applied in a very 'lame' way.

Like when the announcer reads out the names of the opposing ice hockey team, after each player, the crowd yells 'sucks', as in 'bob jones'.... 'sucks'

I've tried to educate some of my local with some old favourites like

'the referees a wanker'

and

'it's nice to know you're here, it's nice to know you're here, it's nice to know your here, NOW **** OFF HOME'

has anyone encountered any decent chants not including the word 'suck'?
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:45 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poor quality sports games chants

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Having been to all manner of sports games here, I have realised that the Americans have got very poor chants.

They mainly utilize the word 'suck' and its applied in a very 'lame' way.

Like when the announcer reads out the names of the opposing ice hockey team, after each player, the crowd yells 'sucks', as in 'bob jones'.... 'sucks'

I've tried to educate some of my local with some old favourites like

'the referees a wanker'

and

'it's nice to know you're here, it's nice to know you're here, it's nice to know your here, NOW **** OFF HOME'

has anyone encountered any decent chants not including the word 'suck'?
There is that timeless classic "Defense! Defense! Defense!"
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Nope....and when anyone hears some of those on the footie, they are a bit surprised
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:51 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
There is that timeless classic "Defense! Defense! Defense!"
Aha

Theres a particularly voiciferous section of nutters who watch my local NHL team, I've toyed with the idea of drafting a crib sheet, printing 150 copies and distributing to them.

with the appropriate instructions it could be funny. The downside could be my investment may be wasted as I'm not sure about their literacy....
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:53 pm
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Nope....and when anyone hears some of those on the footie, they are a bit surprised
So was Finidi George when he arrived at Ipswich Town many years ago to chants of:

"Finidi-oh, Finidi-oh,
He comes from Africa,
He drives a big tractor,"

Poor boy had probably never been on a tractor in his life.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:55 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I found that "Have the little bastards ankles" did'nt go down too well at my boys "modified soccer" games.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 3:10 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
I found that "Have the little bastards ankles" did'nt go down too well at my boys "modified soccer" games.
Do the father's of the opposition get back at you by singing "Chim Chiminey, Chim Chiminey, Chim Chim Cherou" ??
Old Nov 30th 2006, 3:50 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

What does "suck" actually mean, anyway?
Old Nov 30th 2006, 5:21 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Do the father's of the opposition get back at you by singing "Chim Chiminey, Chim Chiminey, Chim Chim Cherou" ??
About as much as they sing "Danny boy" in a dodgy accent to you.