Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Poll for LPR's

View Poll Results: Have you been sent to secondary inspection at POE?
Yes
20.59%
No
79.41%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Poll for LPR's

Old Apr 17th 2009, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

britoverseas is just really nicebritoverseas is just really nicebritoverseas is just really nicebritoverseas is just really nicebritoverseas is just really nicebritoverseas is just really nicebritoverseas is just really nicebritoverseas is just really nice
Default Poll for LPR's

Have you ever been sent to secondary inspection when coming back to the US?

Yes
No
Old Apr 17th 2009, 9:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poll for LPR's

Originally Posted by britoverseas
Have you ever been sent to secondary inspection when coming back to the US?

Yes
No
Why?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

britoverseas is just really nicebritoverseas is just really nicebritoverseas is just really nicebritoverseas is just really nicebritoverseas is just really nicebritoverseas is just really nicebritoverseas is just really nicebritoverseas is just really nice

Because I want to see if I am in the minority when it comes to this. If you don't like the poll then by all means remove it.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 10:33 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britoverseas
Because I want to see if I am in the minority when it comes to this.
There's a million and one reasons LPRs could be sent to secondary. Some good, some bad. If traveling on an expired GC + extension letter, that's a common reason to go to Secondary.

Why were you in there?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 10:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
There's a million and one reasons LPRs could be sent to secondary. Some good, some bad. If traveling on an expired GC + extension letter, that's a common reason to go to Secondary.

Why were you in there?
This may throw a little light on the reasons for this poll.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604054
Old Apr 17th 2009, 10:38 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
This may throw a little light on the reasons for this poll.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604054
Yeah, thx, just coming back here to say 'nevermind'.
Not that it's all that clear.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 10:43 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Back in the days, I was sent to secondary once transferring at at Philly. The reason they told me was that someone with my name had an arrest warrant out. Now my name ain't exactly John Smith, but it'd be up there in the top ten I would think. So it would, IMVHO, be very suspicious if someone with my name didn't have an arrest warrant out! Maybe they were bored? Sat there for about 30 minutes, then they called me to the desk and gave me my green card and passport back with hardly a word.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 10:53 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Back in the days, I was sent to secondary once transferring at at Philly. The reason they told me was that someone with my name had an arrest warrant out. Now my name ain't exactly John Smith, but it'd be up there in the top ten I would think. So it would, IMVHO, be very suspicious if someone with my name didn't have an arrest warrant out! Maybe they were bored? Sat there for about 30 minutes, then they called me to the desk and gave me my green card and passport back with hardly a word.
I had a similar problem about 15 years ago coming through Miami. Officer looked all excited and said to his boss "Got one" and sent me and the wife off to secondary. Took about 2 hours with the wife ranting and raving in the waiting area before the supervisor told me that someone with my name and birth date had a drug warrant out for him. Only difference was the year of birth. Not a word of an apology but they were certainly not the brightest of bulbs.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 1:47 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
Not a word of an apology but they were certainly not the brightest of bulbs.
Yep -- not much up there, really. Brighter than the DMV office....but that's about it.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
If traveling on an expired GC + extension letter, that's a common reason to go to Secondary.
Bingo. Went twice due to that.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:31 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
I had a similar problem about 15 years ago coming through Miami. Officer looked all excited and said to his boss "Got one" and sent me and the wife off to secondary. Took about 2 hours with the wife ranting and raving in the waiting area before the supervisor told me that someone with my name and birth date had a drug warrant out for him. Only difference was the year of birth. Not a word of an apology but they were certainly not the brightest of bulbs.
Why would they need to apologize?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:32 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by crg14624
Customer relations?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:57 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Customer relations?
An apology is defined as an admission of error or discourtesy accompanied by an expression of regret.

Being sent to secondary is a possibility whenever someone travels internationally. It goes with the territory.

They should no more apologize for the delay, than he should apologize for traveling out of the US and coming back again.

I would expect them to thank him for his patience and/or cooperation.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 5:08 pm

I would expect them to thank him for his patience and/or cooperation.
That.

Apologize for what?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 11:54 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Common courtesy? They made a mistake and an apology would have been gratefully accepted. In all honesty I would have respected them for it but as they were unable to admit their error they deserve my contempt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.