Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

police certificates

police certificates

Old Oct 16th 2002, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default police certificates

i was reading through packet 3 and noticed the sheet about police certs, and it says you will need a polce cert for everywhere you have been over 6 months, does that include the US, i was in the US for about 6 months,
if this is so, how do i go about getting it or how can my USC get one for me,
thanks
Old Oct 16th 2002, 6:54 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: police certificates

Originally posted by mrsstrickland:
i was reading through packet 3 and noticed the sheet about police certs, and it says you will need a polce cert for everywhere you have been over 6 months, does that include the US, i was in the US for about 6 months,
thanks
Hi Mrs Strickland (how formal is that - don't have a first name?),

On the London Embassy website it says

The following police certificates are obtained by the Embassy. We will advise you further on receipt of the DS-230-I, or your file from the National Visa Center.

......United States of America

URL

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...iv/pbcerts.htm

So you need not worry about it

Yours Sincerly

Mr Wobblebottom IV
Old Oct 16th 2002, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks patrick for the info

dee
Old Oct 16th 2002, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

jsv888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mrsstrickland:
thanks
I thought it was over 12 months, not 6. Am I wrong?
Old Oct 16th 2002, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

jsv888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jsv888:

I thought it was over 12 months, not 6. Am I wrong?
From the embassy website:

Police Certificates: If you or accompanying member(s) of your family now applying for a visa have resided in another country or countries, certificates covering residences of twelve months or more must be obtained (the period is six months if country of birth or current residence). Generally, application for such certificates should be made directly to police authorities in the district in which you resided. If you have any questions about where or how to apply for police certificates in other countries you may communicate directly with this office via post.
Old Oct 16th 2002, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Just to add to that, you need a police certificate for anywhere that you have lived for 12 months or more, since the age of 16. There are a few exceptions, but they tend to be with regard to militay service