Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Police Certificate - How long did it take you?

Police Certificate - How long did it take you?

Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

kimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nice
Default Re: Police Certificate - How long did it take you?

We got an interview date!!!!! Tuesday July 14!!! which is better than I ever hoped for. I sent the I-130 on Sat April 25. If all goes well (we are prepared with all docs), we might even get the visa the week of 14 July making it just under 13 weeks, start to finish, even with the RFE (request for evidence) I got on the I-130. So, fingers crossed, it looks good for us making it to U.S. by August 3, my husband's work start date.
After the interview I will post an independent write up of the whole experience. But -- and maybe things have changed -- the 14 to 16 weeks the lawyer here told me was what they found lately with uncomplicated cases has turned out to be fairly accurate. Thanks so much for all advice. Will let you know what happens next!
p.s. i didn't use a lawyer, but i did call and speak, very briefly, to one.

Last edited by kimbap; Jul 1st 2009 at 3:14 pm. Reason: conveyed wrong impression that i used lawyer