British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Police car speed traps – help to avoid them. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/police-car-speed-traps-%E2%80%93-help-avoid-them-504316/)

rockhand77 Jan 7th 2008 5:26 pm

Police car speed traps – help to avoid them.

Yesterday I was going to my office and I was a bit late. I was speeding like “THE FAST ... AND THE FURIOUS”. Before reaching to my office, police trapped me and charged me a fine. I am now very afraid and I don’t want it to happen again in my future. So here, I am looking for an idea or may be a way that can help me to know about police car speed traps, speed cameras, and other road way hazards. Can anyone suggest me that what should I do? I will grateful for your suggestion.
Thanks in advance!

penguinsix Jan 7th 2008 5:27 pm

Re: Police car speed traps – help to avoid them.

a) Buy a radar / laser detector.
b) Slow down.

Texas Mom Jan 7th 2008 5:27 pm

Get up earlier and stick to the speed limit

NC Penguin Jan 7th 2008 5:28 pm

c) ride a bicycle to work:)
d) leave the country:D

PS: Maybe you should have given yourself the user name, "Leadfoot".:D

Thydney Jan 7th 2008 5:34 pm

If you look at the side of the road there ar signs with numbers on, some of them let you know how fast you can drive try looking at them.

NC Penguin Jan 7th 2008 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by rockhand77 (Post 5753283)
Yesterday I was going to my office and I was a bit late. I was speeding like “THE FAST ... AND THE FURIOUS”. Before reaching to my office, police trapped me and charged me a fine. I am now very afraid and I don’t want it to happen again in my future. So here, I am looking for an idea or may be a way that can help me to know about police car speed traps, speed cameras, and other road way hazards. Can anyone suggest me that what should I do? I will grateful for your suggestion.
Thanks in advance!

An example of "other road way hazards" would be those speeding. So, as others have pointed out, it would be best to stick to the speed limit unless you like paying fines and higher auto insurance premiums.

Ray Jan 7th 2008 5:39 pm

Damn!! ..has moron week come around already ....

Ray Jan 7th 2008 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Thydney (Post 5753316)
If you look at the side of the road there ar signs with numbers on, some of them let you know how fast you can drive try looking at them.

So if your on the 75 ..stick to 75mph

on the 486 ..it may be a bit more difficult

lapin_windstar Jan 7th 2008 5:53 pm

I was juggling meat cleavers recently and cut my hand quite badly. Can anyone suggest how I might be able to avoid cutting my hand in the future?

Ray Jan 7th 2008 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar (Post 5753392)
I was juggling meat cleavers recently and cut my hand quite badly. Can anyone suggest how I might be able to avoid cutting my hand in the future?

Juggle with your feet ..

Duncan Roberts Jan 7th 2008 5:54 pm

Radar Detectors = Mostly legal
Radar Jammers = Very illegal
Laser Detectors = Mostly legal but pretty pointless
Laser Scramblers = Mostly legal
Drive the speed limit = You wont get caught ever
Open your eyes = You will see any other hazards

The last 2 are your best options.

Rushman Jan 7th 2008 5:54 pm

Thanks in advance!

We ALL speed at some time or another and the self righteous muppets above know it.

Get one of these, saved me a fortune.

http://www.valentine1.com/

Scouse Express Jan 7th 2008 6:16 pm

Thanks in advance!

Am I the only one who thinks this poster isn't for real. Look at the quotes "police trapped me and charged me a fine" and......." I don't want it to happen again in my future."

I don't think that English is this poster's first Language and I do think he/she is about to hit us with some Spam.:curse:

Jim.

ugacrew Jan 7th 2008 6:39 pm

Thanks in advance!

BTW, how over were you?

anabella Jan 7th 2008 6:45 pm

Thanks in advance!

Your options have already been mentioned several times, you can stick to the speed limit or get a radar detector.. I got caught a few months ago and all I got was the policeman's phone number :blink:..