Wikiposts

POE

Old Apr 9th 2001, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Tony30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

I hope anyone would be able to help. I'm a K-1 visa holder and I have to leave for the States very soon, so I am a little bit worried. I have two questions:
From this that I read in this forum I see that even if I land in JFK or Atlanta there are not any guaranties that I will be able to get a stamp or 90 days EAD. So my first question is:
1. Is there any way to convince the immigration authorities at the airport to issue an EAD if for some reason they don't want to do that?
And my second question is:
2. Did anyone have bad experience in JFK or Atlanta POE? I mean: refusal of EAD ot even refusal to admit a K1 visa holder in the States.
Thank you in advance for sharing your opinion and experience.

Old Apr 9th 2001, 10:56 am
Alvena Ferreira

For EAD stamp: JFK is your best bet, Atlanta has refused to give the card recently.
If you get nothing at JFK, go to the Atlanta office in person and ask for temporary
EAD with form I-765, category (a)(6). You will not be refused admission to the US
with a valid k-1.

Tony30 wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 9th 2001, 12:34 pm
Darkmonki

If you don't get the EAD stamp apply for the I-765 immediately. However, prepare for
disappointment. Your K-1 lasts 3 months, which is exactly how long it takes to
process the I-765. If you're lucky, you'll receive your EAD before it runs out.
Chances are, however, that you may not. I received mine 7 days before the expiration
date, two of those days, of course, were Saturday and Sunday. Not the best days to
find a job...
--
From the labs of Darkmonki Studios... [email protected] "You sir... Cake or
death!" - Eddie Izzard.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Hi folks,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I hope anyone would be able to help. I'm a K-1 visa holder and I have to leave[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > for the States very soon, so I am a little bit worried. I have two questions:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > From this that I read in this forum I see that even if I land in JFK or Atlanta[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > there are not any guaranties that I will be able to get a stamp or 90 days EAD.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > So my first question is:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 1. Is there any way to convince the immigration authorities at the airport to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > issue an EAD if for some reason they don't want to do that? And my second[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > question is:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 2. Did anyone have bad experience in JFK or Atlanta POE? I mean: refusal of EAD[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ot even refusal to admit a K1 visa holder in the States. Thank you in advance[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > for sharing your opinion and experience.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]

Old Apr 9th 2001, 1:45 pm
Rete

Actually the K-1 recipient can in most instances walk into the local INS office and
ask for the 90 day EAD at the local office. It does not necessarily have to go to the
Service Center. The NG has seen many instances where this was done and they walked
away with the EAD the same day they applied.

Rita

>
    >
    >
EAD
    >
mine
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >