Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Please help ...weather to marry or not?

Please help ...weather to marry or not?

Old Jan 11th 2002, 8:40 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2
rajesh721 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

hi friends,

This is a tricky situation for me and I need your help.

My long time love and fiancee is in India and her parents are in USA. They are about to become citizens now, so her daughter ( my fiancee) will be in F1 category automatically.

Lawyer advised me to marry her only after her parents become citizen so that both of us can get gc together. Now I am in USA on H1. If I get married to her she will be in F3 category i.e. married daughter of american citizen. The priority date right now is May 8, 1996, her is in July 1996.

I went through visa bulletin and found out that this date is not moving at all for almost a year.

Now I am confused as what to do:

1. Let her come here in US in F1 category and then get married here and wait for my greencard.

2. Marry her in India and bring her here as my dependent on H4 and then both of us wait for GC.

I am really confused regarding this decision as lawyer says that if I get married to her in India after her parents become citizen we both get gc together in about a year but according to visa bulleting f3 category is practically not moving at all.

I would appreciate genuine input as this is really important for me.

Please help.

thanks,

Raj
rajesh721 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.