Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

please help me

please help me

Old May 6th 2006, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

strong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default please help me

I need some advise . My husband has chosen to abandon the marriage and i had an interview last year and i wa told my background check is not cleared. Since visiting federal plaza every month I was told i may be called for another interview. if that does happen can you please give me some advise as to what papers i should file? is it true that i can file abandanment?
My lawyer is of no help, he said i would not get my greencard and i should get a divorce.

Last edited by strong; May 6th 2006 at 8:25 pm.
Old May 6th 2006, 8:50 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: please help me

Originally Posted by strong
I need some advise . My husband has chosen to abandon the marriage and i had an interview last year and i wa told my background check is not cleared. Since visiting federal plaza every month I was told i may be called for another interview. if that does happen can you please give me some advise as to what papers i should file? is it true that i can file abandanment?
My lawyer is of no help, he said i would not get my greencard and i should get a divorce.

Sorry I cannot help except to say you are posting in the wrong forum. Post your question in the US Marriage Based Immigration forum.

All the best.
Old May 6th 2006, 9:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

marriage based forum is the best bet as mentioned...and welcome to the forum, sorry it's under those circumstances though

but the abandonment can only be done when you are divorced and it is final, but that's for removing conditions once you have the greencard approval.
Old May 7th 2006, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

strong is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
marriage based forum is the best bet as mentioned...and welcome to the forum, sorry it's under those circumstances though

but the abandonment can only be done when you are divorced and it is final, but that's for removing conditions once you have the greencard approval.
Sorry I posted in the wrong forum, still is there any advice you can give to me.
Old May 7th 2006, 7:53 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I posted in the wrong forum, still is there any advice you can give to me.

Look, not trying to be difficult, but if you want sensible answers you really have to post in the other forum. What's the problem with that?
Old May 8th 2006, 1:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes,

Listen to your lawyer, as far as I can tell from the information you posted your lawyer is correct. Nothing will happen until you are divorced and you file on your own recognisence. Make sure you have plenty of proof of the validity of your marriage.