Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Please help me

Please help me

Old Apr 8th 2002, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Reginaka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help me

Hello there, please I need to know about I-601 waiver I have already had my interview in Peru, but they asked me about the I-601 waiver because I was removed in USA two years ago someone know about how much this I-601 take to be approve, I have my husband in USA and my daughter is here with me, she is only 9 months and I really like that the family be together right now, and not to wait so much time for it, please help me or give me any idea about this process.

Claudia
Old Apr 9th 2002, 2:50 am
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: Please help me

Reginaka wrote:
    > Hello there, please I need to know about I-601 waiver I have already had my
    > interview in Peru, but they asked me about the I-601 waiver because I was removed
    > in USA two years ago someone know about how much this I-601 take to be approve, I
    > have my husband in USA and my daughter is here with me, she is only 9 months and I
    > really like that the family be together right now, and not to wait so much time for
    > it, please help me or give me any idea about this process.
    >
Your US citizen fiance or spouse needs to file for this waiver. He would be
best-advised to use an attorney. He needs to show that it is a hardship for him to
not have you and the baby with him. Having the baby is probably a plus if it is his
child, as this helps to prove the relationship.

There is some info on the doc steen site in the "criminal record" link, including
info on what to include in the waiver and some links.

Alvena See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org

Old Apr 9th 2002, 3:50 pm
Toni B

Default Re: Please help me

I believe the waiver has to be filed by the foreign spouse because it is they that
are requesting permission to waive grounds of excludability. The form is
195.00. The us spouse has to write a hardship letter.