Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Please help me

Please help me

Old Mar 26th 2002, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Reginaka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help me

Hello my name is Claudia, I am from Peru and I am going to have my interview this April 5, but I am very nervous because the last time that I intend to enter to the USA (February 2000) my visa was cancel because I was working with a tourist visa and they send me back, I got marriage in April of the same year and in I had my daughter in the last july who is American citizenship and the last year also I got the approve about the petition my Peruvian – American husband did. I ask about the I-212 form that are for people who are remove or deport and I read there that people who were removed more than a year ago do not have to fill this form. I ask to the Peruvian consul about this form and they said that I have to bring one with me and they are going to tell me if I need it or not, I am scared that they will not give me the visa because I was remove from USA or because my visa was cancel and I did not fill this form also. Do I have any possibilities from get the visa since I am marriage with American citizenship and also I have an American daughter who is only 8 months, any of you have or had the same problem than me with any other kid of visa or not? Please help me I am very worry about it and I want some help or guide about it. It have been since two years ago that I have not seen my husband.

Thanks

Last edited by Reginaka; Mar 26th 2002 at 6:41 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2002, 1:36 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: Please help me

You will probably need the I-212 waiver, due to iillegal work in the US and
being sent home. You might want to consult an immigration attorney about this,
however. Alvena

See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org

Reginaka wrote:
    >
    > Hello my name is Claudia, I am from Peru and I am going to have my interview this
    > April 5, but I am very nervous because the last time that I intend to enter to the
    > USA (February 2000) my visa was cancel because I was working with a tourist visa
    > and they send me back, I got marriage in April of the same year and in I had my
    > daughter in the last july who is American citizenship and the last year also I got
    > the approve about the petition my Peruvian – American husband did. I ask about the
    > I-212 form that are for people who are remove or deport and I read there that
    > people who were removed more than a year ago do not have to fill this form. I ask
    > to the Peruvian consul about this form and they said that I have to bring one with
    > me and they are going to tell me if I need it or not, I am scared that they will
    > not give me the visa because I was remove from USA or because my visa was cancel
    > and I did not fill this form also. Do I have any possibilities from get the visa
    > since I am marriage with American citizenship and also I have an American daughter
    > who is only 8 months, any of you have or had the same problem than me with any
    > other kid of visa or not? Please help me I am very worry about it and I want some
    > help or guide about it. It have been since two years ago that I have not seen my
    > husband.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > k.
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com