Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Please Help - Marketing and Adverting Headhunters NYC??

Please Help - Marketing and Adverting Headhunters NYC??

Old Oct 13th 2014, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Mary681 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please Help - Marketing and Adverting Headhunters NYC??

Hi all,

It's my first time using this forum, so please be kind

I'm searching for a New York City based Headhunter who has experience placing UK citizens (requiring H1B sponsorship) in NYC based Marketing and Advertising roles.

I've come across a few NYC based headhunters but I would greatly (greatly!) appreciate any recommendations! Or a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Mary
Old Oct 13th 2014, 9:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Help - Marketing and Adverting Headhunters NYC??

Maybe I'm being daft, but isn't the point of a headhunter that they find you, not the other way around?! A headhunter is usually sent to find people by their clients, and they'll contact you out of the blue for a specific position.

Do you mean a recruitment agency maybe?

Are you on Linked In? My husband is headhunted on a weekly basis via Linked In for jobs in the US, so if you're high profile and good enough for them to want you, that's a great place to start.

Good luck.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Hiya,

Thanks for the reply.

It works both ways. Headhunters contact you and you can contact them to seek employment on your behalf. I contact headhunters in the UK if I'm looking for a role. Their intention is to fill a position for their client so either way works as long as they can find a candidate for an open position.

Thanks for the suggestion and the luck!

x
Old Oct 13th 2014, 9:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mary681
It works both ways. Headhunters contact you and you can contact them to seek employment on your behalf. I contact headhunters in the UK if I'm looking for a role. Their intention is to fill a position for their client so either way works as long as they can find a candidate for an open position.
That sounds like a recruiter to me then, rather than a headhunter. None of the headhunters that contact my husband would take people on, they only work for the employers and don't have a pool of people to choose from, they come after him individually for very specific roles. Maybe different industries work in different ways!

Got to say I prefer a good recruitment agency that work on behalf of both rather than headhunters, headhunters are too determined and often won't take no for an answer, they drive me insane sometimes!
Old Oct 13th 2014, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

What can you bring to the table that would want to make a company go to the expense and paperwork to sponsor you for H-1B sponsor that a US person who could start tomorrow couldn't? Don't get me wrong, ad/marketing companies do do H-1Bs, but for instance the adtech company I work for usually does it for techies or similar with skills in short supply.

You might be better off joining a company in the UK that is American owned or has a US subsidiary and trying to get a transfer after a couple of years. The good news though is that there are a lot of companies in advertising and marketing that are like that. Three of the last four companies I've worked for have a substantial presence in London, New York and elsewhere in the US.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Hiya,

Appreciate the reply.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am fully aware of my options and the requirements for a H1B visa. My request was for a headhunter within my field. If you do have any recommendations, please do let me know.

Thanks.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 2:13 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Just an observation, but I would have thought that if you are so highly placed in marketing and advertising that you feel people would be willing to spend a lot of money to bring you to NYC, that you might know how to market and advertise yourself . . .
Old Oct 13th 2014, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Thanks! Great comment, really helpful.

As mentioned above, I looking for a recommendation for a headhunter. Recommendation and networking is what my industry is all about. If you can't help, that's fine but poking fun and making 'observations' is not at all helpful and surely a waste of your time?!

As I said above, if you can help, please do.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Just an observation, but I would have thought that if you are so highly placed in marketing and advertising that you feel people would be willing to spend a lot of money to bring you to NYC, that you might know how to market and advertise yourself . . .
We did have an Award-Winning International recruiter's wife on here once, asking how he could get his CV noticed.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 2:45 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
We did have an Award-Winning International recruiter's wife on here once, asking how he could get his CV noticed.

You've got to love it, eh?!
Old Oct 13th 2014, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
You've got to love it, eh?!
Might indicate why the headhunters have been mysteriously absent.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Wow, really wasn't prepared for such a hostile environment.

Are sarcastic, pretentious comments a prerequisite on here?
Old Oct 13th 2014, 3:05 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mary681
Are sarcastic, pretentious comments a prerequisite on here?
Yes.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

New Yorkers shoot from the hip.

especially the cops
Old Oct 13th 2014, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
Yes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.