Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Please help K1 visa interview (indian in sydney)

Please help K1 visa interview (indian in sydney)

Old Jul 19th 2002, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

asjh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help K1 visa interview (indian in sydney)

Hi theres,
I just read the post regarding visa denial in Mumbai. I have an interview in sydney in august.
1. My case is that i am indian and in love with an american citizen.I am on student visa in australia and we have affair before me coming to australia . She and her mom came to meet me in australia. We have different religion and race and everything.
As posted i got the impression that the consulates gives trouble in these cases. What can i expect on this front ?
will is effect as in case of Mumbai consulate same will be the case in Sydney.

2. My fiancee was working in Day care when she applied for I29 f visa petition but now she has changed her job recently, so what should i answer to the question of her work ?
Old Jul 19th 2002, 1:20 pm
Diane

Default Re: Please help K1 visa interview (indian in sydney)

I doubt very much you will have any trouble at all in Sydney even though you are of a
different race, I am Australian and went through Sydney and as long as your paperwork
is in order you should have no hassles. They seem only to be interested that you have
everything and even if you dont as was the case with a few that were there the same
day as me they will go ahead with the interview and tell you they are granting the
visa on the condition you have the required stuff back to them with in a few days,
they even allow you to fax it back.

asjh <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi theres, I just read the post regarding visa denial in Mumbai. I have an
    > interview in sydney in august.
    > 1. My case is that i am indian and in love with an american citizen.I am on
    > student visa in australia and we have affair before me coming to australia .
    > She and her mom came to meet me in australia. We have different religion and
    > race and everything. As posted i got the impression that the consulates gives
    > trouble in these cases. What can i expect on this front ? will is effect as
    > in case of Mumbai consulate same will be the case in Sydney.
    >
    > 2. My fiancee was working in Day care when she applied for I29 f visa petition but
    > now she has changed her job recently, so what should i answer to the question of
    > her work ?
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jul 20th 2002, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

Hi

Thanks for the reply it gave me some peace of mind (really?)

aman
Old Jul 20th 2002, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

thomas_cook is an unknown quantity at this point

Rather than filing K1, u ought to have married in australia and then before your fianceee left for the States, both of u could have filed for direct consular filing (DCF) at Sydney. Here the main benefit is that u could have entered the US as a conditional PR and thus not have to file for AOS nor EAD nor AP in the US (avoided dealing with the INS altogether except for the final interview 21 months later for removing conditions).
Didn't u consider this option?
Also, could u please ring up the consulate in Sydney and enquire if they accept DCF petitions for Indian students in Australia on a Student Visa (I know they do for Australian citizens), and if there are any special conditions that need to be fulfilled.Several weeks back, I sent them several emails from India on this topic but have received no reply.
Also visit kamya.com and click on Australia for past experiences on K1 interviews.
Best of luck.
Old Jul 21st 2002, 4:20 pm
Mrtravel

You will should have an easy time in Australia.

Mumbai is ridiculous. I was amazed and apalled at an earlier post indicating they
needed pictures from the first marriages and the marriages of the siblings. None of
that has anything to do with the visa request and someone should be writing nasty
letters to the Consulate General in Mumbai. While I understand the quizzing about the
email, I think they are going too far.

In Oz, you will not need photos of prior marriages or the consulate should also not
care about pictures of your sibling's marriages.

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

i have not checked the DCF because i was doing my masters and didn't want to screw up my studies and the K1 was fitting in my schedule. I have no other obstacle like previous marriage or age difference as she is 2 years younger than me. the sydney office only asked me to get my indian police clearance certificate.all other things were like usual as australian citizen or resident. medical , australian fedreal police checkup with finger prints and yes they knew that i have indian passport (citizen). My interview is on 6th august.I hope it goes fine.

Thanks
aman
Old Jul 23rd 2002, 3:20 am
Michael

I hope mtravel is right and you will have no problems in Australia. What mumbai
consulate is expecting from my fiancee is downright outrageous. I am sure the
employees of Australian consulate are better educated and more rationale than their
mumbai counterparts.

Best of Luck

Michael

mrtravel <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > You will should have an easy time in Australia.
    >
    > Mumbai is ridiculous. I was amazed and apalled at an earlier post indicating they
    > needed pictures from the first marriages and the marriages of the siblings. None of
    > that has anything to do with the visa request and someone should be writing nasty
    > letters to the Consulate General in Mumbai. While I understand the quizzing about
    > the email, I think they are going too far.
    >
    > In Oz, you will not need photos of prior marriages or the consulate should also not
    > care about pictures of your sibling's marriages.