Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Please help K1 and toursit visa mishap

Please help K1 and toursit visa mishap

Old Jul 24th 2002, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

asjh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help K1 and toursit visa mishap

My fiancee visited my last august and that is the time we got engaged. I applied for visitor visa in sydney on october 30th but was refused (called for interview which i never went because i had work ). I didn't showed that i have fiancee in US.

My fiancee filed the I-129 f in december but we both put that we were engaged in august. My fiancee's parents gave the newspaper add in late october after i already applied for the visitor visa.

My question is that some one told me that is a fraud under misrepresentation and i may get visa denial under the section of 212 (g) 6 c (1) which is making me criminal for misinformation or something like that. My interview is in two weeks don't know what to do. Anybody with some advice.

for others i would just advice don't ever go for tourist visa try k1 first please ....

Thanks

Aman
Old Jul 25th 2002, 12:20 am
Matta Harri

Default Re: Please help K1 and toursit visa mishap

In article <pZA%[email protected]> , "Dale Legan"
<[email protected]> wrote:
    > Pursuit of happiness is a enaliable right. or it used to be. Now the government is
    > involved in approving marriages and sticking there nose where it does not belong.
    > It was not until I got involved in the process of bringing my fiance to america
    > that I realized just how bad it is. This is very sad. Something needs to be done.
    > There is no such thing as defrauding the government when the government has no
    > right to be in the bussiness anyway.

You obviously don't know all sides of the story: there are many people in this world
who would marry an american just for the privilege of living in the US. It is one of
the quickest and easiest tickets for those who have no education. Make no mistake. It
would not be the first time that someone had though he/she was loved by their
international fiance, only to find out a year later that they were little more than a
green card ticket.

NOW, complicate that with the post-9/11 scenario, and realize that not only are there
many people wanting to get into the US, but some of them want to get in very badly
for the express purpose of killing US citizens.

Personally, I'm glad they take the time to check carefully. Nobody should get in
unless we are sure they meet the criteria, including security checks. I realize that
the wait seems unnecessarily long, but there are many many people waiting in line at
the consulates, and they are triaged in the order that the consulates think best.
Staffs are not always as good as they should be, in fact usually they are overworked
and underpaid, from what I hear.

matta

Old Aug 10th 2002, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Wink

I finally got my visa in sydney. It was long process from december 24th -application filing in america to august 8 th K1 issued.
My interview experience

I went to central and than to martin place on citytrain and just taking the tunnel of martin place railway station leads you to round building on the left hand side. That is MLC centre. You enter it and to left are the lifts for level 59. toilets are only at floor 6th.

there was seminar on 6th august in the consulate so security check up took time. well after that just went straight to the window and was given yellow laminated sheet with instructions of how to arrange teh documents.

After waiting for 5 minutes. I was called and lady checked for the documents. She said " ALL, THE DOCUMENTS ARE IN ORDER, I DON'T SEE ANY PROBLEM IN ISSUSING YOU VISA. YOU WILL BE ASKED FURTHER QUESTIONS AFTER ANOTHER OFFICER HAS LOOKED INTO IT."

Waiting for another 30 minutes. I was called at the window. The lady knowing that i am Indian said " I want you to another room for interview."

It was round table in the right hand side, near the non -immigrant visa section.

Questions.
1. How you met her?
2. When , you met her?
3. Have you seen her?
4 .How long she stayed?
5. Her age , my age
6. Her parents name.
7 what her parents do
8 what she does
9 What your parents do
10. why didn't u went to America
11 who is sponsoring you
12 who is supporting you in Australia
13 what are the common things in you
14 what do you think as you have different religions
15 How about family values
16 How about cultural differences
17 ARE YOu marrying for Green CARD?
18 What about the families, does they agree
19. Any conversation between families
20 Her emails to you (gone through almost all)
21 When was you naming ceremony( AS INDIANS know they have naming ceremony)
22. when are you marrying
23. What type of marriage
24 any arrangements for marriage
25 AT last she said " I am again asking what things are in common between you."

after literally going thorugh whole suicase of documents
i was told that i should wait for 30 minutes and my visa will be ready.
i was asked to check the visa properly. i checked the name, date of birth, passport number, and in nationality. it was written ASTL which stood for Australian while my passport was indian. SO i had to get a new visa label.

Happy ending in first stage. Lets see what happens at POE. Any one can please tell how is chicago INS officers. I am arriving on 14th august.

thanks
Aman
Old Aug 11th 2002, 12:08 am
Tripleplayy

we are arriving august 19th did u buy a one way ticket or did u get a round trip i
got a one way i figure we are getting married and shes not going back anytime soon

Old Aug 11th 2002, 6:56 am
Mrtravel

TRIPLEPLAYY wrote:
    > we are arriving august 19th did u buy a one way ticket or did u get a round trip i
    > got a one way i figure we are getting married and shes not going back anytime soon

INS doesn't care about whether it is one way

Old Aug 12th 2002, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re:ticket

Originally posted by Tripleplayy:
we are arriving august 19th did u buy a one way ticket or did u get a round trip i
got a one way i figure we are getting married and shes not going back anytime soon
I bought one way with korean airlines from brisbane to seoul to chicago for AUD$1390 (all inclusive)