Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Please help! I-765

Please help! I-765

Old May 7th 2002, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

wildxena is on a distinguished road
Default Please help! I-765

I looked up information from this site and found out some people they do not suggest putting previous F-1 OPT info on the I-765 form (when they ask have u ever applied for employement authorization before). I went thru F-1 OPT and after that I got my H-1B visa. I put down my H-1B information for section (11)-(15). Should I do that? I assume employment authorization in US includes H-1B, am I correct? Could someone please clarify for me? Or, on section 11, I said no (quote F-1 OPT) and N/A for the rest. Then continue section 12-15 with my H-1B info. What about the copy of my last EAD? They need me to submit it. Wouldn't it be contradicting if I said no on section 11 but attach a copy of my previous EAD?
One more thing, the custom officer at the US/Canadian boarder took my EAD away while I went to Canada for my H-1B stamp (since that EAD has expired - well, thats why I need my H-1B visa stamp)..anyhow, I no longer have my EAD card but just the copy of it. and I still need to submit that copy with my I-765 form??
Thanks in advance.