Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Please don't hold this against me

Please don't hold this against me

Old Jul 15th 2013, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Tammy1629 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please don't hold this against me

Please don't hold this against me that I am American here on your page, I love the British I always have and hope to make some new friends here. I am in Olathe which is a part of the Greater kansas City area
Old Jul 15th 2013, 2:37 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please don't hold this against me

As long as you get humour you'll be fine.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 2:44 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tammy1629
Please don't hold this against me that I am American here on your page, I love the British I always have and hope to make some new friends here. I am in Olathe which is a part of the Greater kansas City area
There are loads of Americans already on here, so you're not alone. Then you have the Brits who have become US citzens as well, if that counts ...
Old Jul 15th 2013, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Tammy1629 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know I will love it here, I love humour, and I will enjoy the friendships I make here
Old Jul 15th 2013, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Then you have the Brits who have become US citzens as well, if that counts ...
It doesn't

Seriously, I became a USC about 6 years ago but it doesn't make me American. I don't think I'll ever be that. Having been raised in Northern Ireland, I consider myself Irish first and foremost. After that, I have much more in common with the British as I went to uni in England, lived/worked there afterwards and got married there. I have Canadian citizenship too but I certainly don't consider myself Canadian - although I am certainly more in tune with the Canadian view on life and the world in general than I am with the American one. The longer I live in the US, the stranger and more baffling it becomes to me.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 2:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tammy1629
Welcome!

As others have said we have several American members...so you are not alone. Just accept us for what we are...a bunch of very helpful people, who like a good moan and have a wicked sense of humour.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 3:00 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
It doesn't
It does for immigration purposes at least. I might be British by birth and I'm certainly culturally British but if I ever want to travel out of the country (irrespective of which one I use at my destination), it'll be on an American passport.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

It does for immigration purposes at least. I might be British by birth and I'm certainly culturally British but if I ever want to travel out of the country (irrespective of which one I use at my destination), it'll be on an American passport.
Yeah, but the passport you carry doesn't define you. And the OP is American anyway so I doubt there is much need for US immigration advice.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 3:22 pm
I have a comma problem

Yeah, but the passport you carry doesn't define you.
I was being facetious.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

I was being facetious.
See? I've obviously been here too long. Completely lost my sense of humor/humour.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 3:35 pm
I have a comma problem

See? I've obviously been here too long. Completely lost my sense of humor/humour.
No, I'm just really good at it
Old Jul 15th 2013, 3:35 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tammy, welcome to BE. As Sultan said, you are not alone as a USC, and a good number of us are naturalised dual citizens.

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
As long as you get humour you'll be fine.
Please note, humour includes irony, ... and bare-faced sarcasm.

Most of us here with posts in the thousands know where to draw the line, and the moderators do sterling work in keeping us in line! If you'd care to look at threads over the past few months the threads with hundreds of posts will show you what the hot topics here have been, and may enable you to get to know some of the "key players" here. Please stay around and have some fun!
Old Jul 15th 2013, 3:37 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I was being facetious.
That's so not like you!
Old Jul 15th 2013, 3:41 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't

Seriously, I became a USC about 6 years ago but it doesn't make me American. I don't think I'll ever be that. Having been raised in Northern Ireland, I consider myself Irish first and foremost. After that, I have much more in common with the British as I went to uni in England, lived/worked there afterwards and got married there. I have Canadian citizenship too but I certainly don't consider myself Canadian - although I am certainly more in tune with the Canadian view on life and the world in general than I am with the American one. The longer I live in the US, the stranger and more baffling it becomes to me.
Amen to that.

You can take the boy out of Somerset, and all that

to BE
Old Jul 15th 2013, 3:42 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
That's so not like you!
Oh, stop it you

Originally Posted by civilservant
Amen to that.

You can take the boy out of Somerset, and all that

to BE
Just be thankful you're not from this town, or you'd think twice about using that rhyme

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.