Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Playstation 2 games US to UK.

Playstation 2 games US to UK.

Old Nov 12th 2005, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Playstation 2 games US to UK.

If I bought PS2 games here, would they play on my nephews PS2 in the UK? I'm guessing not, but we're looking for xmas ideas.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 12:52 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Playstation 2 games US to UK.

I wouldn't want to say as I'm not to sure unless the box was hacked...but here's a good site to probably find the answer... http://forum.lik-sang.com/index.php?
Old Nov 12th 2005, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

NeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
If I bought PS2 games here, would they play on my nephews PS2 in the UK? I'm guessing not, but we're looking for xmas ideas.
The UK PS2 will need to be chipped, which is available from many websites but will invalidate any warranty. The other option is a loader disc which you boot from before loading the game. I was thinking of trying one but can no longer find the link!
Old Nov 12th 2005, 2:00 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NeilW
The UK PS2 will need to be chipped, which is available from many websites but will invalidate any warranty. The other option is a loader disc which you boot from before loading the game. I was thinking of trying one but can no longer find the link!
and chipping the player is now technically illegal in the UK...not that it isn't hard getting hold of a mod chip, or finding someone to do it, £15-60...then be able to play copied games if you "backed" up the rentals...errr...so i've heard
Old Nov 12th 2005, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like too much hassle. Guess He'll have to get something else.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

no but the gameboy games are compatable i think psp games are but not too sure on those.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 2:32 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like too much hassle. Guess He'll have to get something else.
Had you considered ordering the games on Amazon dot co dot yoo kay and having them delivered to your nephew?
Old Nov 12th 2005, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiegirl2
no but the gameboy games are compatable i think psp games are but not too sure on those.

You are right on both gameboy and PSP. The only difference between UK and US PSP is the movies which are coded in the same way as DVDs but the games are fine
Old Nov 12th 2005, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

NeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud ofNeilW has much to be proud of

The other option is a loader disc which you boot from before loading the game. I was thinking of trying one but can no longer find the link!
I've found the website I and the product is called Swap Magic 3 http://www.swapmagic3.com/index.html

If anyone here has tried using it I'd be interested in hearing how well it worked. Apparently it allows you to run backup copies and imports, I have a bunch of UK games gathering dust that won't run on my wife's PS2.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 7:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

I've found the website I and the product is called Swap Magic 3 http://www.swapmagic3.com/index.html

If anyone here has tried using it I'd be interested in hearing how well it worked. Apparently it allows you to run backup copies and imports, I have a bunch of UK games gathering dust that won't run on my wife's PS2.
chip the player, it'll work better...use a hard drive for even more ease of use...

the loader still requires a no solder mod chip....

Last edited by Bob; Nov 12th 2005 at 7:35 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a couple of UK games that won't run on the US PS2.

God save the Queen: From Electronic Arts. Queenie is out to foil Charles and Camillia's marrage and she'll stop at nothing to do so. You play as the Queen herself in sidesplitting romps through numerous worlds all laden with traps set by Camilla. Survive those perilous worlds and foil Camilla's plans, and her marrige to Charles.

Retake the colonies: From Capcom. This war sim puts you in the middle of a British armed invasion of the US in year 2107. The UK has had enough of the US's messing in world affairs and royally screwing things up with it's "World Police force". Now Great Britian has developed a secret weapon that will assure victory over the former colonies. Go get'em.

Old Nov 13th 2005, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DaveC
Had you considered ordering the games on Amazon dot co dot yoo kay and having them delivered to your nephew?
Can you order with an American card and address off the UK site?
Old Nov 13th 2005, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

yes you can, its fairly straight forward.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Yup....tax free too, so you save on the VAT, which makes up for the higher £ rate...and for orders over £25, I think you'll get free UK shipping...so probably works out cheaper anyway...
Old Nov 13th 2005, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Roadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Big D
You are right on both gameboy and PSP. The only difference between UK and US PSP is the movies which are coded in the same way as DVDs but the games are fine
I brought some PAL DVDs from the UK with me to watch on the laptop. I then bought a US PSP (A model), and after reducing the pixel size, Pulp Fiction works just fine on the PSP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.