Pittsburgh

Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:46 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pittsburgh

Hi
I'm going to Pittsburgh tomorrow to have my fingerprints taken AGAIN - I've only had it done twice so obviously they need me to do it again but I was just wondering if anyone knows of any British/Euro food shops in Pittsburgh or knows of anything cool to do/see/shop at all there. Thought I might as well make a day of it if we have to drive 2 1/2 hours each way.

Cheers
Sarah
Old Mar 18th 2005, 5:48 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pittsburgh

Originally Posted by SarahUK
Hi
I'm going to Pittsburgh tomorrow to have my fingerprints taken AGAIN - I've only had it done twice so obviously they need me to do it again but I was just wondering if anyone knows of any British/Euro food shops in Pittsburgh or knows of anything cool to do/see/shop at all there. Thought I might as well make a day of it if we have to drive 2 1/2 hours each way.

Cheers
Sarah
If you like modern art, there's an Andy Warhol museum in Pgh (he's a local boy). Not been there myself.

There's a couple of funiculars in Pgh's that give you a great view of Pgh. Can't remember their names.

The "strip" area is where there's a concentration of bars, pubs, restaurants and shops. I believe there's a rather unusual "pub" on that street which is a microbrewery in a former church (I think it's in the strip. I can't swear to this).

Don't know of any Brit/Euro shops in Pgh. There may be some. An internet search may yield something. I've only visited Pgh once and I was living in the UK at the time.

NC Penguin

NC penguin
Old Mar 18th 2005, 5:53 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahUK
Hi

Cheers
Sarah
Here's a link to the British Shops in PA (Not sure if some of the towns are suburbs of Pittsburgh though)

http://britishinamerica.com/pa.html

Looks like there is a pub, too

http://britishinamerica.com/pub.html#PA
Old Mar 18th 2005, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

NewJerseyBlue is on a distinguished road

The Teapot is the only one on the list that's anywhere near the 'Burgh.
Last time I was in Pittsburgh (during the Chelsea tour last summer) the Teapot was closed, possibly for good, so call ahead before heading to it (you go North on 279, to McKnight Road to Route 19 North, it's on the right in a little parade of shops opposite the Ground Round restaurant).

Originally Posted by ScousePete
Here's a link to the British Shops in PA (Not sure if some of the towns are suburbs of Pittsburgh though)

http://britishinamerica.com/pa.html

Looks like there is a pub, too

http://britishinamerica.com/pub.html#PA
Old Mar 18th 2005, 7:02 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NewJerseyBlue
The Teapot is the only one on the list that's anywhere near the 'Burgh.
Last time I was in Pittsburgh (during the Chelsea tour last summer) the Teapot was closed, possibly for good, so call ahead before heading to it (you go North on 279, to McKnight Road to Route 19 North, it's on the right in a little parade of shops opposite the Ground Round restaurant).
Thats great thanks for all the info guys. Google didn't return much but I will definitely check out the Teapot.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

if i remember rightly there is a great big tunnel through a mountain...