Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Pit Bulls in the UK

Wikiposts

Pit Bulls in the UK

Old May 23rd 2007, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Poppel is just really nicePoppel is just really nicePoppel is just really nicePoppel is just really nicePoppel is just really nicePoppel is just really nicePoppel is just really nicePoppel is just really nice
Default Re: Pit Bulls in the UK

Originally Posted by britvic
I do not tar them all with the same brush, I use to have enough of that attitude from people when I owned Staffordshire Bull Terriers back in England But your American Bull Terrier is not a recognized breed by the UK Kennel club, so I really wish your dog the best of luck in what ever you choose to do.
Hmmm...I hear about geese and swans biting kids too, let's wipe them out across the board too. And stairs, fireplaces and toolsheds too! Rather than rip the balls off the idiots who breed them that way.

Cheese is probably dangerous in the wrong hands LOL! Let's ban edam too. What a cop out.
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:10 am
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poppel
Hmmm...I hear about geese and swans biting kids too, let's wipe them out across the board too. And stairs, fireplaces and toolsheds too! Rather than rip the balls off the idiots who breed them that way.

Cheese is probably dangerous in the wrong hands LOL! Let's ban edam too. What a cop out.
Hey I didnt ban em the UK did
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:10 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I've been bitten by a goose more times than I can remember, yet I don't have a scar to prove it.
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Poppel....the answer to your original question is...we really don't know but think it's unlikely your dog will be allowed into the UK. Perhaps a call to DEFRA will answer your question.

As you can see pit bulls raise high emotions on here...so if you do not want to engage in anymore conflict it may be best to bow out of this thread and join in some of the other threads instead.

Welcome to BE. As I said above not all posts/threads turn out to be as hostile as this one...you just picked an unfortunate subject.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 23rd 2007 at 11:49 am.
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

It is a very great shame what the Press & panic ridden public have done to these Dog's and my choice of breed the Staffy
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Poppel....the answer to your original question is...we really don't know but think it's unlikely your dog will be allowed into the UK. Perhaps a call to DEFRA will answer your question.

As you can see pit bulls raises high emotions on here...so if you do not want to engage in anymore conflict it may be best to bow out of this thread and join in some of the other threads instead.

Welcome to BE.
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It is a very great shame what the Press & panic ridden public have done to these Dog's and my choice of breed the Staffy
Mine are dobermans...love those dogs. Although I would never underestimate one...I know how quick they can move and how strong they are.
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:22 am
Account Closed

is your middle name OSTRICH these dogs have killed too many kids what the hell does press and panic got to do with that.. are you stupid ?
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by southern comfort
I know it sounded sarcastic but I really didn't mean it to be.
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

is your middle name OSTRICH these dogs have killed too many kids what the hell does press and panic got to do with that.. are you stupid ?
Hey there's no need for remarks like that.
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:26 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Its unfortunate Poppels but a lot of people feel very emotional about this breed .. and as its your pet I can understand your problem with our attitude
and that you will miss your pet ...

I have had GSD put down that were dangerous ..
I'm sorry but even I never want to see an animal I owned
attack a child ... That breed is built to fight and it does ...
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:27 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

is your middle name OSTRICH these dogs have killed too many kids what the hell does press and panic got to do with that.. ?
Delete the last three word please ...
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

And so have Rotties killed kid's but they are not a banned breed are they Hold back on the insults Woman we all have our own point's of view
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:35 am

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

as has been said - they are on the banned dog ownership list.

Its sad because they have been interbred for years to become the dangerous animals they now are.

just unpredicatable, and having been the victim of a nasty dog attack myself (our own dog, who was an absoloute sweetheart but sudenly went nuts - Rhodesian Ridgeback cross) I'm afraid the ban is right to eliminate the breed safely from countries such as the UK. I still have dogs to this day and am a strong dog lover.

Its not like theres a cull going on, thank god ... its making sure no more enter or are bred in the UK - which is sensible and right
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:45 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

You'd be hard-pressed to find a bigger dog lover than me, but I have to confess two breeds give me the willies; Akitas and pit-bulls.

All dogs can be dangerous. I had the opportunity to don a Michelin-man suit and be set upon by Barry the Blade, a US military police dog. Well, technically, it's an attack dog. Weighed barely 50 lbs. I laughed when I saw it (my boxer is 90 lbs).

These dogs aren't like the Alsatians the police have in the UK. They're almost feral and extremely ferocious. This little dog took me down in a heart beat. I had bruises on my back and arms.

Someone joked about Schnauzers and Yorkies but even little fellas can inflict nasty injuries.

Dalmations are particularly dangerous due to inbreeding.

Also, I think there need to be stricter controls on cat ownership. Access to felines in the home is way too easy to procure in this country. I'm not saying there should be an outright ban, but if you want to have a cat in your home, you should have to apply for a license and go through background checks and obtain a mental proficiency certificate from a medical doctor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.