Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

PISS and I-751

PISS and I-751

Old May 15th 2002, 1:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default PISS and I-751

Friday is M Day. The simple form I-751 with all its supporting documentation will be sent to the Vermont Service Center by certified, return receipted mail.

The package is assembled, two hole punched, indexed, checklisted, ACCO bound and ready for take off and then PISS happened.

What is PISS you ask? Why its Pre-INS Submission Syndrome. Its that condition that makes you re-read the instructions again and again; look through your assembled package for flaws; re-write the cover letter; double check and triple check your file cabinets for items forgotten.

This is definitely a PISS household this week.

Rete
Old May 15th 2002, 3:20 pm
Andy Platt

Default Re: PISS and I-751

Don't forget this is often followed by FLAPS - Further Looking and Panicking
Syndrome. Of course, most people just put them together and talk about PISS-FLAPS.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "Rete"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Friday is M Day. The simple form I-751 with all its supporting documentation will
    > be sent to the Vermont Service Center by certified, return receipted mail.
    >
    > The package is assembled, two hole punched, indexed, checklisted, ACCO bound and
    > ready for take off and then PISS happened.
    >
    > What is PISS you ask? Why its Pre-INS Submission Syndrome. Its that condition that
    > makes you re-read the instructions again and again; look through your assembled
    > package for flaws; re-write the cover letter; double check and triple check your
    > file cabinets for items forgotten.
    >
    > This is definitely a PISS household this week.
    >
    > Rete
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 15th 2002, 6:20 pm
Dave And Emily

Andy Platt wrote news:[email protected]:

> Don't forget this is often followed by FLAPS - Further Looking and Panicking
    > Syndrome. Of course, most people just put them together and talk about PISS-FLAPS.
    >
    > Andy.

Haven't laughed that much in a while...thanks Andy and Rete!

Dave and Emily.

Old May 15th 2002, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

tomato is an unknown quantity at this point

It feels so much better to know that there's a name for it.

Any of you know, offhand, the name of the condition that hits just after paying the postage and heading home? The sudden inability to remember whether or not you signed this, or included that, or labeled such-and-so correctly?

Or is that one actually just me?
Old May 15th 2002, 8:20 pm
Shelley

I am saving both these posts for January when Ken and I will be filing his I-751.
Hopefully reading them again then will help. Take Care. Shelley

"Dave and Emily" <nottellingyou@all> wrote in message
news:Xns920F897E3EDD6davelamb68hotma...209.249.90.101...
    > Andy Platt wrote news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > Don't forget this is often followed by FLAPS - Further Looking and Panicking
    > > Syndrome. Of course, most people just put them together and talk about
    > > PISS-FLAPS.
    > >
    > > Andy.
    >
    >
    > Haven't laughed that much in a while...thanks Andy and Rete!
    >
    > Dave and Emily.

Old May 15th 2002, 10:20 pm
Ranjini

No, it's not just you!! Lol. As someone quite rightly pointed out, none of this is
rocket science. But that's how it is. However hard we try to rationalise, it's agony.
Until we know one way or the other. Ranjini

"tomato" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > It feels so much better to know that there's a name for it.
    >
    > Any of you know, offhand, the name of the condition that hits just after paying the
    > postage and heading home? The sudden inability to remember whether or not you
    > signed this, or included that, or labeled such-and-so correctly?
    >
    > Or is that one actually just me?
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 16th 2002, 9:20 am
Daniel

"Ranjini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. net>...
    > No, it's not just you!! Lol. As someone quite rightly pointed out, none of this is
    > rocket science. But that's how it is. However hard we try to rationalise, it's
    > agony. Until we know one way or the other. Ranjini
    >
    > "tomato" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > It feels so much better to know that there's a name for it.
    > >
    > > Any of you know, offhand, the name of the condition that hits just after paying
    > > the postage and heading home? The sudden inability to remember whether or not you
    > > signed this, or included that, or labeled such-and-so correctly?
    > >
    > > Or is that one actually just me?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Hey guys, I've got another type of PISS, it's the Post-INS-Syndrome (instead of
Pre-), I call it PISS-B. The first one mentioned in earlier messages refers just to
the first stage of a much dangerous syndrome. I'd say it's much worse than the first
one. Well, to take this topic further, one may conlcude that they both are subtypes
of a greater evil: DICK Syndrome: Document Incapacitated Cerebral Knockout Syndrome.

The abovementioned DICK Syndrome has two subtypes, PISS-A and PISS-B.

DICK PISS-B is more prevalent, since almost all suffer from it. People who had some
experience with INS, or other government agency, or other beurocracy (autocratic
governements are exclued, they're out of our scope), in general are able to cope with
DICK PISS-A. On the other hand, people who never dealt with INS, may have elevated
levels of adrenaline starting very early in their DICK PISS-A experience (usually
around 120-195% of the normal level). Some in this group who during their early
childhood suffered from physical or emotional abuse may even develope OCD. For past
few years, poeple living in certain areas of the US (VSC adjudication region) showed
unusually intriguing signs of happiness, reaching to the level of euphoria. They
felt, they're priveleged due to their locale, since their paperwork got through much
faster. This type of thinking is prone to create feelings of provintionalism,
raciszm, and even feelings of inferiority amongts non-VSC population. Many observers,
however, believe that DICK will disappear with modernization of INS. But alas, it's
still a long way to go!!

Daniel