Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Picking up my dog at LAX?

Picking up my dog at LAX?

Old Mar 22nd 2014, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute
Default Picking up my dog at LAX?

Hi all,

Visas sorted. House rented. Health insurance covered. Moving to Cali next week!

I'm taking the dog on the same plane as me in the baggage hold and we will land at LAX terminal 2. Has anyone done this and can let me know where to pick him up?

Is it the 'outsize' luggage section by the luggage carousels (as it is at Amsterdam Schiphol airport) or must I collect him a the cargo dept even though he is officially baggage and not cargo. Cannot find any info online anywhere. One of you founts of knowledge must have an idea
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Picking up my dog at LAX?

Have you not made arrangements with a specialty animal service?
Haven't you asked the airline with whom you're traveling?
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

No speciality animal service: he's flying as baggage *not* cargo but they don't put the live animals on the baggage carousel like they do with the suitcases.

The airline, as you would imagine, have no idea what happens at the airports (since they'd have to have information on every single airport that they are fly to): they just put him on the plane and wave g'bye.
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherbert
The airline, as you would imagine, have no idea what happens at the airports (since they'd have to have information on every single airport that they are fly to): they just put him on the plane and wave g'bye.
Actually airlines tend to have a lot of information about every single airport that they fly to (including how baggage is handled) - it's just that the person you spoke to didn't know the answer to your question.

You could try finding a phone number for <your airline> at LAX and call them.
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Whistle?