British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Photo's for passport, help. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/photos-passport-help-434181/)

britvic Mar 12th 2007 9:55 pm

Photo's for passport, help.

So where do you get them done over here ? my Brit friend is having prob's finding a place to get the right size passport photo's done, and I need to know myself for the end of the month, many thank's :)

DollyLlama Mar 12th 2007 9:56 pm

Re: Photo's for passport, help.

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 4511252)
So where do you get them done over here ? my Brit friend is having prob's finding a place to get the right size passport photo's done, and I need to know myself for the end of the month, many thank's :)

Inkleys, Walmart, some Fedex stores, some post offices

TruBrit Mar 12th 2007 9:59 pm

check out a local place on your website or ask lycanthrop aka matt as he got his boy's pix's done a while back.

Britgal Mar 12th 2007 10:00 pm

AAA do passport photos - we had ours done a walmart a few weeks ago for renewing our visas - walmarts ok as long as you dont mind looking like a drug dealer for the next ?? years :D :D :D no really they were bad :unsure:

britvic Mar 12th 2007 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 4511259)
check out a local place on your website or ask lycanthrop aka matt as he got his boy's pix's done a while back.

Done that but he had them done with the AAA :blink:

TruBrit Mar 12th 2007 10:01 pm

getting ready to go somewhere? hmmm now where could that be? :) :thumbup:

Duncan Roberts Mar 12th 2007 10:02 pm

Add CVS and Walgreens to the list.

Actually, you can do them yourself if you have a digital camera. Take the picture with a white background and then go to anyplace that has one of those Kodak digital printout machines. Passport is one of the option so you can select that and then mess about with the picture and then print it.

britvic Mar 12th 2007 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Britgal (Post 4511265)
AAA do passport photos - we had ours done a walmart a few weeks ago for renewing our visas - walmarts ok as long as you dont mind looking like a drug dealer for the next ?? years :D :D :D no really they were bad :unsure:

So Walmart ones are the right size then ? lol do they give you that orange look :ohmy:

britvic Mar 12th 2007 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by DollyLlama (Post 4511257)
Inkleys, Walmart, some Fedex stores, some post offices

Thanks Dolly :)

Arizona Wurzel Mar 12th 2007 10:04 pm

Just had mine done at our Post Office

DollyLlama Mar 12th 2007 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 4511275)
So Walmart ones are the right size then ? lol do they give you that orange look :ohmy:

I got mine done at walmart last week for a Chinese visa and they were fine.
got them done before at the post office and they were a bit orange.....:rofl:

mozoo Mar 12th 2007 10:05 pm

The portrait studios at Sears do brilliant ones. If they don't come out the right size (as happened with us) they resized them free of charge. Take the sizes needed with you and they put that into their computer.

DollyLlama Mar 12th 2007 10:07 pm

camera shops usually do them as well

Britgal Mar 12th 2007 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 4511275)

Yes my meet requirements - costed about $7 for 2

britvic Mar 12th 2007 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Arizona Wurzel (Post 4511282)
Just had mine done at our Post Office

Post office, never noticed that they do that at our's :unsure: How much did they cost ?