Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Photos Of Dying Diana Outrage Britain

Photos Of Dying Diana Outrage Britain

Old Jul 18th 2006, 4:16 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photos Of Dying Diana Outrage Britain

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
A bit OT, but if anyone has ever watched the film "Ronin" it involves a high speed car chase and crashes in the same tunnel she died in, which I always thought was a bit creepy.
I just keep wondering why nobody ever brought up why (and why there continues to be) there were no steel railings in the tunnel to prevent cars from having full-frontal collisions with reinforced concrete/steel pilars. That alone would have saved them. They would have glanced off the railing, perhaps sideswiped a few other cars, and sustained minor or at least non life threatening injuries.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 5:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
I just keep wondering why nobody ever brought up why (and why there continues to be) there were no steel railings in the tunnel to prevent cars from having full-frontal collisions with reinforced concrete/steel pilars. That alone would have saved them. They would have glanced off the railing, perhaps sideswiped a few other cars, and sustained minor or at least non life threatening injuries.
I don't understand why she wasn't wearing a seat belt...even when running from the press and jumping in her car she always put the seat belt on before driving away. Why is it that none of the CCTV equipment on that route was operating?
Old Jul 18th 2006, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Why is it that none of the CCTV equipment on that route was operating?
strange eh....could it be it was all staged
Old Jul 18th 2006, 5:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
strange eh....could it be it was all staged

I never thought of that explanation.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 5:32 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
They don't mean much to me either, but that tourist money you speak of comes in very handy considering 99% of foreign tourists come to London to see the royal palaces and landmarks around the city, not to shop on Oxford street. It's our history and I'm happy for the monarchy to continue.
I totally agree!
Old Jul 18th 2006, 7:13 pm
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

I just think that there has to be total respect for the dead and dying, no half measures. Had she been able to reply to being asked if she would like pictures of her situation at that time in newspapers, we all know the answer.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Did you wander in here from the ME forum?
no, just having a read at posts from all forums and this sort of caught my attention. I just feel saddened that ordinary, often nameless people are shown in their last moments on earth and can only hope that showing such pictures can bring about some good. I don't care what nationality/religion etc people may be, what matters to me is that each and every life is precious and valuable. I was trying to say that I couldn't see any possible benefits of printing Diane's picture as compared with one example I gave. I'm not the most articulate of people either, so maybe the point I was trying to make was lost.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 8:15 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sorchar
no, just having a read at posts from all forums and this sort of caught my attention. I just feel saddened that ordinary, often nameless people are shown in their last moments on earth and can only hope that showing such pictures can bring about some good. I don't care what nationality/religion etc people may be, what matters to me is that each and every life is precious and valuable. I was trying to say that I couldn't see any possible benefits of printing Diane's picture as compared with one example I gave. I'm not the most articulate of people either, so maybe the point I was trying to make was lost.
I got you & thought your point was great, I totally agree.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 8:49 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sorchar
Totally agree. When we went to live in Singapore in '95, I was pretty surprised at some of the prettty graphic images on the front pages of the local press showing car crash victims still strapped into their wrecks etc. At that time, it was way more than you would see on the front of a mainstream newspaper in the UK. I don't often see UK papers these days, apart from on trips back, but the general impression is that the standards of taste and decency seem to have slipped somewhat, right across the board. Most of them seem to have the common sense not to touch the latest Diana photos (I think?), but that doesn't seem extend to the average man in the street, who appears to be becoming fair game. Still a way to go to catch up with some countries, but its coming, and its not a step in the right direction..
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:33 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
A bit OT, but if anyone has ever watched the film "Ronin" it involves a high speed car chase and crashes in the same tunnel she died in, which I always thought was a bit creepy.
Best car chase movie ever, full stop, end of sentence. Better than "Bullet" and "The French Connection".
Old Jul 19th 2006, 4:32 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I don't understand why she wasn't wearing a seat belt...even when running from the press and jumping in her car she always put the seat belt on before driving away. Why is it that none of the CCTV equipment on that route was operating?
My cousin is convinced there was a conspiricy theory behind Diana's death. She thinks it was Prince Phillip and that Diana also mentioned to someone that she would be killed in a car crash...The fact that the mother of the future king of England might be 'married' to a Muslim didn't bode well either.

Not sure I agree with it but it seemed pretty suspicious alot of the details behind her death, dont think much is coming out in the inquest either.