Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Photos Of Dying Diana Outrage Britain

Photos Of Dying Diana Outrage Britain

Old Jul 16th 2006, 1:55 pm
Account Closed

carolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Photos Of Dying Diana Outrage Britain

An Italian magazine's decision to print a photo of a dying Princess Diana set off anger Friday in Britain, with tabloid newspapers leading the protests against the image and her sons expressing sadness

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1805875.shtml
Old Jul 16th 2006, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Rob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud of
Default Re: Photos Of Dying Diana Outrage Britain

I'm not more outraged about this as I am of any other offensive material printed in magazines and newspapers, all of which upset people and are morally wrong.

Sorry, but as a Brit the royal family means nothing to me. The monarchy is out dated and does nothing but raise tourist income and fill newspapers.
Old Jul 16th 2006, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we fill our news papers back home with some crap, but even they draw the line at this, f**king sick. Will they ever let her rest in peace
Old Jul 16th 2006, 4:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen the new photos...but photos of her laying in the back of the car were shown here a year or so ago....so its hardly new.
Old Jul 16th 2006, 6:35 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob B
I'm not more outraged about this as I am of any other offensive material printed in magazines and newspapers, all of which upset people and are morally wrong.

Sorry, but as a Brit the royal family means nothing to me. The monarchy is out dated and does nothing but raise tourist income and fill newspapers.
Although not everyone agrees with the monarchy I think Diana did alot of charity work and used her position well towards doing this. About time they gave it a rest, funny how the new kiss and tell story comes out of the woodwork at the same time. Max Cliffords comments make me laugh he talks alot of crap why doesn't he admit he would print or sell any story for cash, hell he'd sell his own grandmother.
Old Jul 16th 2006, 6:36 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately this is to be expected in the case of such a public life and death. It was (and still is) the same situation in the case of JFK.
Old Jul 16th 2006, 8:12 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

i put the pic on here some time back.... I presume it got removed ..nobody said anything ...

Last edited by Ray; Jul 16th 2006 at 8:47 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2006, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Unfortunately this is to be expected in the case of such a public life and death. It was (and still is) the same situation in the case of JFK.

True, but dont you think that JFK made a contribution to society that perhaps warrants this situation. In the case of Diana, of course she did charity work and raised two beautiful boys.....but if the truth be known Im really getting tired of hearing about diana and how she died etc. Im not just referring to this forum, but the articles, pics etc. Am I the only one that feels this way?
Old Jul 16th 2006, 11:00 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus' Crust...tabloids complaining of immoral stuff? Pot, kettle, and a big fat black marker pen. Tell me if I've missed anything, and I'll tell you where to stuff your head...
Old Jul 16th 2006, 11:19 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

A bit OT, but if anyone has ever watched the film "Ronin" it involves a high speed car chase and crashes in the same tunnel she died in, which I always thought was a bit creepy.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob B

They don't mean much to me either, but that tourist money you speak of comes in very handy considering 99% of foreign tourists come to London to see the royal palaces and landmarks around the city, not to shop on Oxford street. It's our history and I'm happy for the monarchy to continue.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolf
An Italian magazine's decision to print a photo of a dying Princess Diana set off anger Friday in Britain, with tabloid newspapers leading the protests against the image and her sons expressing sadness

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1805875.shtml

I recently saw a picture in a tabloid showing a young arab child lying dead in the road with his dead father lying on the opposite side from him. It had been reported that they were fleeing from a village after being ordered to by the Israeli troops and had been fired upon. No such outcry for this unknown child and his father. The printing of this picture might possibly make people realise that politicians in the western world are just as guilty as those there for the blood of innocents, whatever nationality they may be. I am no expert about the Arab/Israeli conflict and therefore cannot comment on the politics of it all. However, by exposing people such as myself to the suffering of ordinary people, people just like ourselves, perhaps it will make us stop and think very carefully about what out politicians are really responsible for and maybe make us get up and do something about it. Maybe some good will come about from publishing this picture. With reference to the picture of Diana's last moments, I cannot see what possible benefits it would bring to people, other than to those who will make financial gain from its publication.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 2:26 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
They don't mean much to me either, but that tourist money you speak of comes in very handy considering 99% of foreign tourists come to London to see the royal palaces and landmarks around the city, not to shop on Oxford street. It's our history and I'm happy for the monarchy to continue.
of course tourists stopped going to Paris after the revolution
Old Jul 18th 2006, 3:18 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
True, but dont you think that JFK made a contribution to society that perhaps warrants this situation. In the case of Diana, of course she did charity work and raised two beautiful boys.....but if the truth be known Im really getting tired of hearing about diana and how she died etc. Im not just referring to this forum, but the articles, pics etc. Am I the only one that feels this way?
I was referring to the photos of their dead bodies..... If respectfulness and good taste were the rule then neither would be acceptable. But to answer your question, no I don't care about Di or the photos of her dead body. However, she was a human and her children could be hurt if they were to see the photos.... just as Kennedy's loved ones were hurt by the photos of his dead body not to mention the tabloids and paparazzi that hounded their every step after JFK died.

The commercialization and mass marketing of death and violence is in part responsible for the desensitization of our society..... we are becoming more and more jaded with regard to the suffering and pain of our fellow man. Much like the Romans before the fall of their empire.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 3:35 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sorchar
I recently saw a picture in a tabloid showing a young arab child lying dead in the road with his dead father lying on the opposite side from him. It had been reported that they were fleeing from a village after being ordered to by the Israeli troops and had been fired upon. No such outcry for this unknown child and his father. The printing of this picture might possibly make people realise that politicians in the western world are just as guilty as those there for the blood of innocents, whatever nationality they may be. I am no expert about the Arab/Israeli conflict and therefore cannot comment on the politics of it all. However, by exposing people such as myself to the suffering of ordinary people, people just like ourselves, perhaps it will make us stop and think very carefully about what out politicians are really responsible for and maybe make us get up and do something about it. Maybe some good will come about from publishing this picture. With reference to the picture of Diana's last moments, I cannot see what possible benefits it would bring to people, other than to those who will make financial gain from its publication.

Did you wander in here from the ME forum?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.