Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Phoneing London Embassy Questions

Phoneing London Embassy Questions

Old Jun 8th 2002, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

mrpilock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Phoneing London Embassy Questions

Anyone thats ever phoned the embassy £1.50 per min. line, how long is the average call? Do they take their time? or are they efficient? basically looking for a case number from them, to put on our checklist, to hope this speeds up the process.

thanks
keith
Old Jun 8th 2002, 6:20 pm
Krysss

Default Re: Phoneing London Embassy Questions

Keith

I called the embassy recently, and the call was over in about 3 mins. As soon as you
hear the American female voice you can "press 2" to speak to someone.

I was calling to enquire as I hadn't heard from the London embassy, and I had sent
everything except my checklist in already. The woman said simply to send it in, and
put my receipt number, in the case number space, on the form.

As I didn't have a case number, she simply took my full name, date of birth, visa
classification (K1 of course), so she could answer my questions.

Krysss

mrpilock <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone thats ever phoned the embassy £1.50 per min. line, how long is the average
    > call? Do they take their time? or are they efficient? basically looking for a case
    > number from them, to put on our checklist, to hope this speeds up the process.
    >
    > thanks keith
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > There are none so blind as those who do not wish to see.
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 9th 2002, 10:20 am
Rogerpenycate

Default Re: Phoneing London Embassy Questions

mrpilock <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anyone thats ever phoned the embassy £1.50 per min. line, how long is the average
    > call? Do they take their time? or are they efficient? basically looking for a case
    > number from them, to put on our checklist, to hope this speeds up the process.
    >
    > thanks keith

Hi, I've phoned them a few times and they have always been very helpful and
knowledgable (although a bit limited regarding timelines, legal questions etc) Unlike
some helplines in other businesses, they do seem to be very well "trained", polite
and anxious to help. As you know, this process can be quite stressful at times, and
to actually get answers from a "live voice" can be quite "comforting" Well worth
£1.50 per min. A useless piece of information, just in case you phone them more than
once and wonder why it is always answered in a Scottish accent, the help line is
actually situated in Edinburgh.

Good luck Roger